Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Hes better than slightly average, but does have a clumsy look to him but so does your club captain :mjgrin: and hasn't pulled up any trees for England :ld: Nor worth what West Ham want either. The problem is, it's the stupid labels he's been given and people expecting him to be just like that. Biscuits and Carrick are the 2 names I've seen him compared too. :whoa:

The West Ham version and the England version are complete opposites. West Ham he drives forward with the ball more and looks a better player for it. England, they trying to make him into some Anglo Irish gluten free Biscuits. Phillips is better suited to that role, because he actually does it in the style that Waistcoat wants the team to play.

Maguire is the definition of a slightly above average player.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, I thought it was just me. I dont see what everyone is talking about. He looks slightly above average to me.
Nah breh, Rice has improved a lot particularly in the last year.

Mobile, can tackle, good height and strength. His passing is a lot better than it was this time last year.

If he continue to improve at this rate he will be worth the money.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Phil Foden, future Man City and England captain

He actually fits the profile of an England captain. :troll:

Rio, Adams, Gooney, Gerrard, Terry. Add in Lamps who was a reserve captain. All did dirt before the armband, following on the tried and tested tradition.

Can even throw in Bobby Moore who was accused of being a tea leaf in Colombia.
Bryan Robson being a functional alcoholic.

But hey who doesn't like a good redemption story :skip:

Last edited: