Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
It’s kinda arrogant to accept a role this early.

Yea i was thinking they were gonna go with a coach from a smaller teams, but nah they are going with a rookie coach.....even xavi knows when to stay away from a mess:russ:

I guess they will rebuild and maybe sell ronaldo because this makes no sense

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Ee6kttCX0AEzqfy
Good Ol’ boys club eh? :mjpls:Lampard, Gerrard, Pirlo etc can literally walk into top managerial roles with little to no experience.

Meanwhile black ex-footballers struggle to even get interviewed for lower league managerial roles.

We need the Rooney rule in football (not the granny shagging one).

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Good Ol’ boys club eh? :mjpls:Lampard, Gerrard, Pirlo etc can literally walk into top managerial roles with little to no experience.

Meanwhile black ex-footballers struggle to even get interviewed for lower league managerial roles.

We need the Rooney rule in football (not the granny shagging one).
Not really. Italian clubs are known to try ex player/legends as managers. I mean Seedorf got the Milan job quick too even tho he was a caretaker

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Not really. Italian clubs are known to try ex player/legends as managers. I mean Seedorf got the Milan job quick too even tho he was a caretaker
You know what? You’re right. I was going to mention Seedorf is the exception (and he’s struggling now). Even having said that, Italy is way behind. The English, German and Spanish leagues need to do better.

There’s no excuse for there to be huge representation of black players on the field but not in the managerial or executive positions. It’s a disgrace really. You can’t deny talent on merit on the field, but beyond that, the nepotism is rife.

Same goes for the NBA and NFL (although the former seems to be doing better)

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
You know what? You’re right. I was going to mention Seedorf is the exception (and he’s struggling now). Even having said that, Italy is way behind. The English, German and Spanish leagues need to do better.

There’s no excuse for there to be huge representation of black players on the field but not in the managerial or executive positions. It’s a disgrace really. You can’t deny talent on merit on the title, but beyond that, the nepotism is rife.

Same goes for the NBA and NFL (although the former seems to be doing better)
True but those players need to want to coach though.

Anyway, there has been players who got first league managerial roles of nothing : Henry got the Monaco job while being assistant to Belgium coach and Makelele got Bastia out of nowhere and plenty of others after that. Yes this is in France but that happens too.

It's just that if you're a great players, there are shortcuts for you. Drogba could have had the Chelsea job if he wanted, it was offered to him but he declined to focus on Ivorian FA presidency.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
@Liu Kang whilst that is true, a lot of black players are put off from even attempting, knowing how steep the mountain is just to even get interviewed for the role. If there was more representation, I’m sure many more would apply.

Also those players you mentioned: Henry, Makelele and Drogba... they had to be EXCEPTIONAL in their respective careers just to be on a level Playing field. Look at how many average ex-footballers never struggle to get jobs as managers.

Chris Rock said it best, we will know there’s true equality when black mediocrity is judged the same as white mediocrity.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
@Liu Kang whilst that is true, a lot of black players are put off from even attempting, knowing how steep the mountain is just to even get interviewed for the role. If there was more representation, I’m sure many more would apply.

Also those players you mentioned: Henry, Makelele and Drogba... those players had to be EXCEPTIONAL in their career just to be on a level Playing field. Look at how many average ex-footballers never struggle to get jobs as managers.

Chris Rock said it best, we will know there’s true equality when black mediocrity is judged the same as white mediocrity.
It depends on the club. Lampard and Gerrard were exceptional players too. If you wanna talk about mid to low level players then you may have a point. But not when it comes to great players/club legends.