Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Man dem were picking Drogba over Henry a week ago but Aubameyang over Henry is far fetched. Hilarious.

Auba is hurt because Arsenal are shyte, he came to England at 28/29, and the league is much stronger.

Henry is one of the best I've ever seen but Henry's career doesn't age as well as some of you would like to admit. Club legend or not. Not even disrespect the man and calling him Ruud Van Nistrelrooy or Michael Owen.

Steven Gerrard, Petr Cech, Ryan Giggs, Rooney, Fernando Torres are charlatans if we having this convo but that's for another day.

I take Ian Wright every single day and twice on Sunday. :manny:

I can live with that. All I want is the discussion.

Did you watch Henry during his playing days week in/week out?

Serious question, no trolling or disrespect.

I watched Henry every week fam. I wouldn't make that comparison without some thought. I got my issues with Henry because of his treatment of Wenger and his attitude in the last two seasons he was here but I'm a fair man.

I'm basing my suggestion on the following: both their finishing ability, quality of the league, quality of their Arsenal squads, and big game goals.

Also, by the time Henry was 32, he was in MLS. Aubameyang is doing this in the best league in the world. Imagine Auba at Arsenal at 21, 22, 23, 24...

Arsenal had 48 big chances created this season.

Big Chances created in 2019/20

1. City - 108 (2018/19: 101)
2. Liverpool - 88 (78)
3. Chelsea - 74 (81)
4. Leicester City - 69 (59)
5. Sheffield United - 60 (N/A)
9. West Ham - 54 (48)
10. Burnley - 50 (49)
11. Southampton - 49 (48)
12. Arsenal - 48 (72)

Aubameyang was still in the top 2 of the goal scoring charts. He missed 5 straight years of 30 plus goals by 1 goal this season.
The shift :wow:

Like time, opinions evolve. If they didn't I would be more worried.

This isn't because of what I saw today alone, I started thing about this in the Spring.

Check my Dani Ceballos posts too. I've changed on him too after the restart.

I'm not even trying to shyt on Henry, just bigging up Aubameyang. If I really wanted to take it there, I could say check Henry's track record in knockout tournaments...

Aubameyang just brought the FA Cup home with 2 goals in the Semis and Final for a team that plays on the counter, only the third man to do that in English football history and the first in 34 years. Man had 5 chances.

Hattrick in the 2nd leg of the semis last year in Europa. 4 goals in both legs. :sas2:
I could swear you were saying he should be sold some time back :russ:

I did and I would still sell him if the right offer came in.

Him or Lacazette would be sold but with Covid, what can you do?
@Montez Get in here and explain this
7LFqoZK.png

He's the most valuable asset at Arsenal and Arsenal have no money. No CL, owner who doesn't splash the cash, very high wage bill, older squad, and Ozil's contract running one more year. What are your options?

1. Resign Aubameyang at 32 to a 3/4 year deal at 250K (at least) a week facing the prospect of still paying him at 35/36 and you don't know what kind of player he is.

2. Keep Aubameyang and let him run down his contract with the hope Arsenal get CL football.

Both are risky options. At least with the first one, you can possibly find a younger striker and build around him, Pepe, Martinelli, and Saka over the next 3-5 years. With Auba, at his age, who knows when the drop off comes.

Tell me which striker in England got his biggest contract after the age of 32?
How do you rebuild Arsenal under the conditions mentioned above?

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Henry is one of the best I've ever seen but Henry's career doesn't age as well as some of you would like to admit. Club legend or not. Not even disrespect the man and calling him Ruud Van Nistrelrooy or Michael Owen.

Steven Gerrard, Petr Cech, Ryan Giggs, Rooney, Fernando Torres are charlatans if we having this convo but that's for another day.

plz-stop-post.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NYC
:skip: @ that Ty smiley

AC Milan finished really strong, Ibra might be back next season but Milan better think it through before they release any major money, I don't think he can make it a full season without injury, then they might be right back to where they started.

Atalanta finishing with 98 goals but conceding 48, they really need to work on that if they wanna compete next season.

Malang Sarr still hasn't signed :jbhmm:

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
You were saving those receipts :skip:
I remembered his warranted pessimism during the Emery era, it's all jokes, I credit it more to the state of the club and watching Emery ball then hating on Auba tbh. I give @Montez credit though, he was shytting on Emery during that unbeaten run while a lot of Arsenal fans were hanging from his nuts.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
If Pulisic would've put that in though :whew:
That dude is vicious. The only American that made me like ooh, he got real game against the big dogs too since Adu and my goodness, he actually got stamina and a feel for the game as well as a position and motaviton too. Damn, I hate this.