Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
IDK the odds.

I doubt they bottle it tho, because the players have had 2 months off to recover, something that previous Bielsa teams havent had the luxury before. Usually come April time the team is tired and runs out of steam.
I was just mocking their bottling habit lol Theyre definitely going up

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
IDK the odds.

I doubt they bottle it tho, because the players have had 2 months off to recover, something that previous Bielsa teams havent had the luxury before. Usually come April time the team is tired and runs out of steam.
I wonder how they'll do in the top flight next year. Have a feeling if West Brom go up, they'll go straight back down like Norwich, rather have Brentford up there to be honest.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I wonder how they'll do in the top flight next year. Have a feeling if West Brom go up, they'll go straight back down like Norwich, rather have Brentford up there to be honest.

Well it all depends on what players they buy. Norwich barely spent anything. Arsenal spent more on Ozil than Norwich did improving their squad for the season.

With Leeds, dont know how much money they have, but they should be able to attract some decent players with PL experience, as they really at best, have 3-4 players with a cup of coffee worth of experience in the PL. Add the Biesla factor of players wanting to join Leeds so they can play under him. They do have a lot of the back up players are really young, but you also have to factor in, that most of the squad will have 2 years of playing Bieslaball. So I can see them not changing the squad to drastically, as Bieslaball does take a while to understand its concepts.

West Brom have loads of players with PL experience and a coach who has managed at that level before, but they are a yo-yo team like Norwich are.

Brentford will be a nice additon to the PL, because of the way they play and the attacking front 3, have the potential to cause damage at a higher level as the PL is less chaotic than the Championship is and more about tekkers than being physical and there is more space.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

Sven is hard headed like a m'fukka :lolbron:

Even after all these years still throwing Scholes out on the left :lolbron:

shoulda taken Defoe and Bent :lolbron:

tenor.gif

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Messi is Messi...if he leaves its no one's fault but the board.

That Neymar deal was stupid as fukk. Messi and Suarez loved him. You can tell it caused a rift with Enrique too. But Bartolomeu's stupid ass didn't sit with Neymar after the Remondata.

Apparently he was salty that pretty much everyone got the credit for a game he took over and won damn near himself. But instead of humbling themselves as a board and securing the best front three in a generation for another 3-5 years. They let him go and though they could replace him with PHILIPPE fukkING COUTINHO? :russ:

I love me some Barca, but they get everything they deserve for having such an inept front office.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Messi is Messi...if he leaves its no one's fault but the board.

That Neymar deal was stupid as fukk. Messi and Suarez loved him. You can tell it caused a rift with Enrique too. But Bartolomeu's stupid ass didn't sit with Neymar after the Remondata.

Apparently he was salty that pretty much everyone got the credit for a game he took over and won damn near himself. But instead of humbling themselves as a board and securing the best front three in a generation for another 3-5 years. They let him go and though they could replace him with PHILIPPE fukkING COUTINHO? :russ:

I love me some Barca, but they get everything they deserve for having such an inept front office.

Didn't they have no choice in the deal?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Didn't they have no choice in the deal?

There's no such thing as "having no choice". The club holds the cards in the culture the cultivate and the players they bring in.
In La Liga the player has to trigger the release clause themselves and then the fee is paid to La Liga itself, if I'm not mistaken.
So essentially if the club didn't create such a toxic environment he wouldn't have left. We even see it now with Messi vs Bartolomeu/Abidal, that board is toxic as fukk.

They have this idea that certain players aren't more than just players...Messi is that. Its part of why CR7 was able to thrive at Madrid. He was given everything he would need at Madrid and the proof is in the UCL cups. Meanwhile, in Catalonia, Messi is asking for certain players and getting weird ass transfers instead...no one in the club asked for Coutinho OR Griezmann, the board wanted them.

And you can see why they flat out don't fit. You can't tell me the suits know more about who would fit the system more than the players/managers. I'm usually not for players having that much pull in the club...but when that player is arguably the best to ever play...you accommodate him.
Just look at the Last Dance as an example. There's a possibility the Bulls coulda won 1 or even 2 more championships. But fukking SUITS decided that the players had too much power and they haven't sniffed the Finals since.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
There's no such thing as "having no choice" in La Liga the player has to trigger the release clause themselfs and then the fee is paid to La Liga itself. (If im not mistaken).
So essentially if the club didn't create such a toxic environment he wouldn't have left. We even see it now with Messi vs Bartolomeu/Abidal, that board is toxic as fukk.

They have this idea that certain players aren't more than just players...Messi is that. Its part of why CR7 was able to thrive at Madrid. He was given everything he would need at Madrid and the proof is in the cups. Meanwhile, in Catalonia, Messi is asking for certain players and getting weird ass transfers instead...no one in the club asked for Coutinho OR Griezmann, the board wanted them.

And you can see why they flat out don't fit. You can't tell me the suits know more about who would fit the system more than the players/managers. I'm usually not for players having that much pull in the club...but when that player is arguably the best to every play...you accommodate him. Just look at the Last Dance as an example. There's a possibility the Bulls coulda won 1 or even 2 more championships. But fukking SUITS decided that the players had too much power and they haven't sniffed the Finals since.

Oh I was pretty sure that the player gives the money, but they are financed by the club. That's why they started negotiations directly with his father after it was clear that Neymar was opened for a deal. Barca were pretty sad about that, and even sued him after he left for like 8 mil.

The other two, I have to your word and everyone else's.I think Messi even leaked he didn't want Griez there.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Oh I was pretty sure that the player gives the money, but they are financed by the club. That's why they started negotiations directly with his father after it was clear that Neymar was opened for a deal. Barca were pretty sad about that, and even sued him after he left for like 8 mil.

The other two, I have to your word and everyone else's.I think Messi even leaked he didn't want Griez there.

It was wild because La Liga didn't want the deal to go through (and lose a major star) so they refused PSG's money. Like literally, $200+ Million sitting on a desk and La Liga was like :hubie:. So Barca themselves took the payment and then gave it to the league. But it was a shyt show all the way around. And it all stems from not giving a world class player the credit he was due. Enrique's Barca isn't who they are without Neymar.