Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

calh45

Cal
Daps

Why would MU want to keep Pogba at this point? It's Bruno's squad now. Fred and McTominay/Matic are going to do more defensive work than Paul would do playing off of Bruno. The middle of the field seems set with those three/four.

This is a genuine question for y'all soccer heads. Is there something I'm missing?

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Why would MU want to keep Pogba at this point? It's Bruno's squad now. Fred and McTominay/Matic are going to do more defensive work than Paul would do playing off of Bruno. The middle of the field seems set with those three/four.

This is a genuine question for y'all soccer heads. Is there something I'm missing?

well if ur trying to play super expansive football the yea having both pogba and bruno in the midfield would be fun:lolbron:

the truth is that nobody is gonna pay what man u are asking for so gotta spin it some how:francis:

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA

So drop one of the best midfielders in the world..:ohhh:

Who taking Fred/Mctominay/Matic... if they have a injury bug(god forbid). Mata!?!? Chong!?!?!?!?:pachaha:

I rather spend that money for the future CL/PL cups that would be in our name. :mjgrin:

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
La Liga matches being played behind closed doors for the next two weeks.

Would've been in town to catch Real Madrid host Valencia on the 21st. fukking beer virus :mjcry:
Breh, I'm going to Germany in 2 weeks to watch Schalke and I'm looking like
scared_medium.gif
everyday reading German soccer news. Allegedly, Schalke vs. BvB (this weekend) is going to be behind close doors, I'm shook:sadbron:

Annnnd gelsenkirchen just put out a statement saying anything more than 1k people has to be cancelled. I've been catching way too many Ls lately:sadcam::sadcam::sadcam:

Last edited:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

You need talent and depth on your team to be able to rotate players throughout the long season. Players are going to get hurt, and if you've had a lack of available talent like MU had, this isn't a situation you want to repeat.

With that said, I don't know if Ole knows how to get the best out of both Pogba and Bruno on the pitch together :patrice:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Breh, I'm going to Germany in 2 weeks to watch Schalke and I'm looking like
scared_medium.gif
everyday reading German soccer news. Allegedly, Schalke vs. BvB (this weekend) is going to be behind close doors, I'm shook:sadbron:
Goodluck fam :mjcry:

Been looking forward to this trip for months - trying not let this shyt ruin my energy

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Because you're allowed to have more than one player that knows how to pass and trap the ball :gucci:

I know Pogba is the first player with great technical ability at United since Di Maria so either people forgot what proper football is or they've just gone full Brexit in their Pogba hate :unimpressed:

Maybe it's because Twitter was just in it's infancy 15 years ago but I don't remember people complaining that Cristiano Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Giggs, Berbatov and Nani (with always injured Saha) were all in the same squad. I only remember fans complaining that we didn't buy more world class midfielders (or any midfielders for that matter).

I'm sick and tired of these bullshyt NBA narratives making their way into football :upsetfavre:

"It's his team now" or "How many titles/cups did he win" :beli:

Ole tried running with that shyt by selling Lukaku, Sanchez and not buying any replacements because he had Rashford. Until he ran him into the ground.

Last edited:

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
Theirry Henry'Montreal team lost the first leg of they champions league 2-1. There was a blatant handball but wasn't called because there's no video replay in Concacaf champion league:heh::snoop:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Some people really thought that Mou at spurs was going to work:dead:. Oh, by the way add another year of spurs not winning a trophy, but no one cares because they're not a big club:heh:.
Bu bu but he won everywhere he's been :bryan:

I kept telling people Marcello Lippi and Ottmar Hitzfeld won everything as well but when it's over, it's over :flabbynsick: You either give it up gradually and gracefully or you end up at Tottenham :manny:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
:ufdup:

25318828-0-image-a-122_1582896134672.jpg

Entire football season 'could be declared "null and void" if the Government orders sports events to be cancelled to combat the rapid spread of coronavirus'
  • Liverpool could 'miss out on the Premier League title' if matches are cancelled
  • There is a growing fear sporting events could be called off due to coronavirus
  • The deadly virus is spreading and other countries are postponing their matches
  • If Premier League cancelled games to combat spreading, the title could be off
Despite being 22 points clear, Liverpool could yet miss out on the Premier League title if coronavirus cuts short the season.

Jurgen Klopp's side have 'no guarantee' that they would still be crowned champions should the season end prematurely due to the scale of the virus outbreak, according to the Telegraph.

The report goes further to detail that 'no specific regulation' is in place should such a scenario play out that all 38 top-flight games are incomplete and it could see all three teams in the relegation zone reprieved.

Liverpool 'could miss out on Premier League title if coronavirus cuts league short' | Daily Mail Online

First Premier League game is called off due to coronavirus: Tonight’s Man City v Arsenal match is postponed after ‘number’ of Arsenal players met Greek football boss who later tested positive
  • Manchester City's game with Arsenal on Wednesday night has been postponed
  • Some Arsenal players had contact with Olympiacos owner Evangelos Marinakis
  • Marinakis revealed on Tuesday that he had tested positive for coronavirus
  • Arsenal stars must undergo 14 days of self-isolation before they can return
  • Arsenal played Olympiacos on February 27 so they can return to action on Frida
Premier League postpone City's clash with Arsenal over coronavirus fears | Daily Mail Online

If players start getting sick en-mass it's over.

Yet coli reality dodgers be like ...

61NKica.png

@bigdaddy88

I'm just quoting the news breh. It ain't my fault.