Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

KOTK

Pro
Daps
If Arsenal can keep players and sign a quality holding mid and a quality creative player, they can challenge for the title, IMO

Won't happen tho, so won't get hopes up
define challenge. that cool little stat about city/arsenal's points post 8-2 soon died on its arse.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
define challenge. that cool little stat about city/arsenal's points post 8-2 soon died on its arse.
I think they can challenge the Manchester clubs. Keep it close until they separate late in the season.

The team isn't that far away from being really good, but we have said that the last 7 years and it wont happen because someone important always leaves.

BOBN

Pro
Daps
Samir Nasri has aimed a swipe at his critics at former club Arsenal after winning the Premier League title in his first season at Manchester City.

"People at Arsenal tried to make out that I came here for the money," Nasri told French TV station TF1. "I hope they are watching me now collecting my Premier League winner's medal.

"I believe they have not won a trophy for many seasons now.

"If all that I was interested in was money, the easiest decision would have been to stay at Arsenal, picking up my money every week and walking into the team.

"I now hope the Arsenal fans can get on with their lives and forget me, they should celebrate their third-place achievement and I will focus on winning titles."

"There are many people doing this right now at Arsenal.

"I made the hard choice to come and fight for my place at a big club, where they never settle for second best, and I have proved it correct.

"I now hope the Arsenal fans can get on with their lives and forget me, they should celebrate their third-place achievement and I will focus on winning titles."
hes right you know :huhldup:

KOTK

Pro
Daps
you know, if rvp asks to leave i doubt he'll accept arsenal letting his deal run out. with his injury record he has to strike while the iron is hot for the stupid money.

BOBN

Pro
Daps
you know, if rvp asks to leave i doubt he'll accept arsenal letting his deal run out. with his injury record he has to strike while the iron is hot for the stupid money.
he wouldnt like that, which strengthens arsenals hand slightly. and the difference is the likely fee of around £25m is about half of his actual value. £24m was at least double nasris actual value so there was nothing to think about.

I can see wenger getting board approval this time to allow his contract to run out.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nasri is right, that's why it burns.

We've gone from being great in England and worrying about when we're gonna get great in Europe to struggling to get into Europe.

Hopefully we can turn a corner next season, but I doubt it, seems like we're running on place and as lOng as the club is making money, no one cares.

Same old shyt basically.

I wouldn't mind if ticket prices went down, but we know that ain't gonna happen.