Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
oh yes, the carling cup... the last refuge of the geriatric scottish fukk who realises that he has assembled a squad so shyt that it is incapable of achieving anything more meaningful than victory in the least significant trophy in the domestic game.

would rather try, and fail, to win everything else than face the ignominy of going all out for the carling cup.

then again, liverpool don't have to worry about the league, champions league, champions league qualification for next year and most likely the FA cup either anymore, so could be worth a go.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you hadn't heard of the milk/rumbelows/coca cola/worthington cup, then yeah, it might be.

Milk cup? Wasn't even alive then, too young to remember the Rumbelows either. Quite sure the Carling sponsorship was the longest out of any.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Just got back from seeing Looper tonight. Its a thrilling movie, its an interesting plot, well acted. ONly unbelievable parts were Bruce Willis going superman, but I dug it. But it made me feel weird at the end.

So I'm just now finding about Guns and Roses' November Rain. Yeah, like 20 years later. They tried that epic rock shyt and it blew up in their face.

I always love when popular artists (the ones I don't listen to) get that ego all blown up and they pull that :mindblown: move that becomes the start of their ending. You gotta have someone you trust in the studio to tell you :stop:, that shyt is trash.
the whole album Axel tried to go next level, it didnt work (well it sold records, I remember that album being huge) but it didnt work.

IN saying that Don't Cry is kind of piff:ahh:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Use Your Illusion was Axel biting off more than he could chew fa sho. dude wanted so badly to differentiate himself from motley crue, he put on icarus wings and got burned by elton john's sun.

now no one takes him seriously, he coulda risen to overrated hero status a la jim morrison, instead our lasting image is http://guitarbassman.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/axl-rose-mtv-awards.jpg

his star power would have appreciated a heroin overdose

:pachaha: :flabbynsick:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Use Your Illusion was Axel biting off more than he could chew fa sho. dude wanted so badly to differentiate himself from motley crue, he put on icarus wings and got burned by elton john's sun.

now no one takes him seriously, he coulda risen to overrated hero status a la jim morrison, instead our lasting image is http://guitarbassman.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/axl-rose-mtv-awards.jpg

his star power would have appreciated a heroin overdose

:pachaha: :flabbynsick:
he out there playing the piano and shyt, aint nobody got time for that :why:

yeah, a drug overdose would have made Axel the greatest front man ever :laugh:

But Guns N Roses were the last mega band before Grunge shytted on them. Even still, GnR were still pretty popular and they were better than most of the other head bands, imo.

They were so fukking huge in the early 90s tho. fukking huge.

edit: Use Your Illusion I and II sold 40 million copies worldwide :wow:

even Chinese Democracy, 15 years later sold 5 million.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
chinese democ came out 4 years ago? :pachaha:

had to wiki that one :pachaha:

so slash, who is both an english immigrant and half black, was tapdancin for axl like ionnoknowhat

Police and ******s, that's right
Get outta my way
Don't need to buy none of your
Gold chains today
Now don't need no bracelets
Clamped in front of my back
Just need my ticket 'till then
Won't you cut me some slack

plus he fukked the drummer's girl for sex noises on a song :wtf:

dude had mind control over his bandmates

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I had no idea Chinese Democracy actually came out until I googled. :laugh:

And yeah, Axel is a nutjob for that. Thats why all of them threw him in the bushes afterwards. Slash is a Tom for that tho

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
cuz he is a fukking idiot :laugh:

GnR were like the last Rock Star types. After them, acts became stale and corporate.

Rappers are more of what the old Rock Stars were.