Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
:ricardoumad:

I guess you have to get hyped over a lead at the half in a friendly when your squad hasn’t lifted a meaningful trophy in nearly two decades.

giphy.gif

Can't relate :gabrieljesus:

:pacspit:

:mjcry:

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Has Kane missed a pen? He's a super solid penalty taker

concise

Veteran
Daps
I like that England plays the number associated to the actual position and not giving players any old number.

Do they also keep the starting 11 in the match all the way to the end, not making any substitutions like in the old school days?

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Do they also keep the starting 11 in the match all the way to the end, not making any substitutions like in the old school days?

They sub out still, it's just good to see a team that will still play the first 11 in their actual numbered positions. Dislike seeing teams playing a CB with the no. 9 or the CM with the no. 5.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I've always wondered what fringe players that play with a National team during these qualifiers actually think about their Euro 2020 chances. Like they know they're only getting minutes now because key players are either injured and/out of form. Do they go with a mind of trying to prove themselves or just go for the opportunity.

Also, Portugal actually has a squad this year from front to back. Good mix of both young and older players.