Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
VAR is a good tool, but the implementation is terrible. It shouldn't be used to reverse marginal decisions, or incidental ones. The guy wasn't even looking at the ball when it brushed his arm. By the letter of the law, sure it's a handball, but the rule itself is poor. Players need to just start aiming at their opponents arms as soon as they get into the box based off this.

I might be wrong about this, but I think all VAR does is expose holes in the original rulebook. FIFA needs to change the letter of the law on handball, and probably on offsides and penalties as well.

I don't want to see goals called back because some dude had half his wrist ahead of the last defender as he turned to chase a pass down.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

tenor.gif

Players are going to be on strike cause of this..one of these days :mjlol:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
VAR is doing it's job but I hate it because you can't celebrate goals in the moment anymore.

Before you could quickly look over at the linesman and enjoy the goal, now you have to pray there was nothing wrong after they review the whole build up :francis:

Last week I didn't even jump up for that Pogba to Rashford goal because I had to see the replay from every single angle to make sure it will stand.
Like you really have to delay 3-5 minutes before celebrating a game winning goal. And people are like “rules are rules”:comeon:

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
The city crowd made the most noise booing at the end. Rivals Arsenal’s library

Also

Percentage of shots which were goals
City - 7%
Spurs - 67%