Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Sissoko made a great run for the kane goal but the commentator couldnt stop praising kane lol:francis:

Anyway mou is great as pundit unlike those other hacks like scholes:lolbron: should be fun

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Even my boy Nkoudou getting minutes :banderas: season gonna be liiiiive

Yeah - looking forward to seeing GLC and Ndombele play together. GLC would have definitely scored that chance that Sissoko blasted wide on. On this showing, we'll most likely get that work from City though :mjcry:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
You're hoping it's calf

But...

He got helped off exactly like CHO and KD were, and we know how that played out :francis:
The test for an achilles is instant, I doubt the club and Kloppo would be saying calf knowing it’s not and he wouldn’t have been allowed to walk on it if that’s what was suspected, most likely grade 2 calf, he be back in 2 months worst case scenario we will manage :manny:

It's always been A1, but people only focused on his finishing
This, from he first broke through even before that when he was playing for the youth teams, it’s always been phenomenal :wow:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The test for an achilles is instant, I doubt the club and Kloppo would be saying calf knowing it’s not and he wouldn’t have been allowed to walk on it if that’s what was suspected, most likely grade 2 calf, he be back in 2 months worst case scenario we will manage :manny:

This, from he first broke through even before that when he was playing for the youth teams, it’s always been phenomenal :wow:

What he has you cannot teach, it's just a natural instinct. But because he has such electric speed, that overshadows his ability to run into the space and time his runs.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Yeah - looking forward to seeing GLC and Ndombele play together. GLC would have definitely scored that chance that Sissoko blasted wide on. On this showing, we'll most likely get that work from City though :mjcry:

How are you seeing this midfield formation coming through this season?

On paper i would go with:

Sissoko
GLC-Ndombele
Erikson
Dele
Kane(Son/Moura)

You know when Winks is fit, Poch will play him sitting - so Sissoko is out of a role unless he fits in at RB, no need for him to be anywhere other than DM. Dude is a beast in the transition but cant play that final ball, or shoot either :unimpressed:. Dele got a question mark on him too from an average/poor season last year too :patrice:.

Dier is pretty much done in this midfield unless he reverts back to being a CB (got at least 1 fukk up per game though)

• Dap
Reactions: EQ.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
How are you seeing this midfield formation coming through this season?

On paper i would go with:

Sissoko
GLC-Ndombele
Erikson
Dele
Kane(Son/Moura)

You know when Winks is fit, Poch will play him sitting - so Sissoko is out of a role unless he fits in at RB, no need for him to be anywhere other than DM. Dude is a beast in the transition but cant play that final ball, or shoot either :unimpressed:. Dele got a question mark on him too from an average/poor season last year too :patrice:.

Dier is pretty much done in this midfield unless he reverts back to being a CB (got at least 1 fukk up per game though)

Yeah, pretty much how'd line up depending on the opposition. For the likes of City/Liverpool/Chelsea having

Sissoko -- Ndom ---- GLC
---Lamela ------- Eriksen
----------- Kane ------------

All three CM's can play both sides of the ball and Sissoko on the right helps with covering for the RB. Would keep Lamela for his pressing and energy and moments of brilliance.

Against "lower" opposition, I'd line up with

Ndom ---- Winks/GLC
Lamela ---Eriksen ------Son

Take advantage of the creativity and do our best to score early and control the rest of the game.

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, pretty much how'd line up depending on the opposition. For the likes of City/Liverpool/Chelsea having

Sissoko -- Ndom ---- GLC
---Lamela ------- Eriksen

All three CM's can play both sides of the ball and Sissoko on the right helps with covering for the RB. Would keep Lamela for his pressing and energy and moments of brilliance.

Against "lower" opposition, I'd line up with

Ndom ---- Winks/GLC
Lamela ---Eriksen ------Son

Take advantage of the creativity and do our best to score early and control the rest of the game.
Lo Celso will take over Eriksens spot. Dele coming back will be a huge boost too