Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - Manchester United Save Football - FA Cup Winners 2023/24

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Wouldn't be surprised to him him stay tbh. If you actually read what they've said they're trying to scare La Liga with the prospect of a league without Messi in it.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
The opening part of the statement reads:

"Despite club and player reaching an agreement and their clear intention to sign a new contract today, this cannot happen because of financial and structural obstacles"

They're just blackmailing La Liga into relaxing the rules for them. I anticipate a U-turn on this announcement in the next few days :russell:
It's definitely about that CVC loan yes. But all clubs need to accept it for it to pass and Real already said fukk that and I agree. Why should clubs who tried to stay within LaLiga rules make it easy for Barca who never bothered fixing their wage structure :heh:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
If PSG sign Messi then should they cash in on Mbappe who only has one year left? :ohhh:

Chelsea could pay whatever they're gonna waste on Lukaku. :ohhh:

cash in on 23 year old Mbappe for a 34 year old Messi. :mjlol:
that’s the kind of thinking that got Barca where they are now. I understand he doesn’t want to renew with psg, but, come on

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
cash in on 23 year old Mbappe for a 34 year old Messi. :mjlol:
that’s the kind of thinking that got Barca where they are now. I understand he doesn’t want to renew with psg, but, come on
Mbappe has told them he isn't re-signing. They sell him now or lose him for nothing next year.

Mbrapppe is only going to Real.

Its a shame he'd rather join a dying league. The Barclays is where dreams are made. :mjgrin:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
just heard the news. I thought Barca and him were eventually going to resolve it.

I wasn't paying attention to the football world after Euro, but damn, this is about to be like nba offseason to anticipate where he's going.