The Official FIFA World Cup Thread - QATAR 2022

WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
:ufdup:

Slow down there my guy. Naija was the FIRST African nation to get Gold at the Olympics. Beat Brazil in the Semis then Argentina in the final, 96 Olympics.

Naija been out their group in WC 3x out of 6. Cameroon is just 1 of 8.

We have 3 AFCONs, 4x Runner ups.

Ghana hasn’t won the AFCON since the 70s and didn’t make their first WC until 2006.

Nigeria is an undisputed African heavyweight.

Last time Nigeria and Cameroon met in AFCON 2019 what happened :youngsabo:
Damn when you put it that way it's even worse what happened to Nigeria :picard:

Nigerian NT went from being one of the greats to being an apparel company, only time you hear about them is when they drop a new colorway
phil5.png

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
my mom been watching soccer and just told me it's more exciting than basketball...this shyt made me laugh, her non sport watching ass don got caught up in fútbol

the atmosphere the WC creates is unlike any other with the exception of maybe the Olympics and even that doesn't draw the fans like the WC does

you got international history/beefs, mixed with general football fanaticism and the dread of crashing out knowing you have to wait another 4 years

but good on Momma Dora falling in love with the beautiful game :blessed:

Jeshaman

All Star
Daps
Damn when you put it that way it's even worse what happened to Nigeria :picard:

Nigerian NT went from being one of the greats to being an apparel company, only time you hear about them is when they drop a new colorway
phil5.png

Lol we are still better than Ghana. Last time they won anything was in 1982.
Senegal are the new kids on the block and not traditional superpowers.

The big boys in Africa are probably Egypt, Cameroon and Nigeria.

Daps
My round-up of the Group Stages

Group A
Netherlands - The Flying Dutchmen flies to the knockout stages with their clogs.

Ecuador - The Harpy Eagles/Las águilas arpías soared yet the could catch they prey.

Qatar - The Arabian Oryxes/maha/wudhaihi/baqar al-wahsh/boosolah stumble and fall flat in the sand. Allah wasn't with them.

Senegal - The Lions of Teranga roared and clawed their way through the group stage. West Africans take note, they are the true kings of Jollof Rice/Ceebu Jen.

Group B
England - The Three Lions roared and clawed their way through the group stage. God Save The King.

Welsh - The Dragons' (Welsh: Y Dreigiau) fire wasn't hot enough to burn their way through the group stage.

Iran - The Asiatic Cheetahs/Youzpalangan were nothing more than p*ssycats. Nevertheless, they did slay the dragons.

USA - The Stars and Stripes, The Yanks had the firepower to make it through the group stage. fukk Yeah.

Group C
Argentina - La Albiceleste (The White and Sky Blue) after being pecked to pieces by The Green Falcons, they pulled their fingers out of their arses and made it out of the group stages.

Saudi Arabia - The Green Falcons showed that they were the kings of the 'White' clouds and The 'Sky Blue'. However, the knockout stages was just too far away.

Poland - Orły (The Eagles) poszybował nad fazą grupową. Jan Sobieski byłby dumny.

Mexico - The Golden Eagles soared the sky but the knockout stages was just too far away, ese. The US border is a lot closer.

Group D
Tunisia - The Eagles of Carthage managed to steal a Gallic Rooster but not make it out of the group stage. Hannibal is turning in his grave.

Denmark - Danish Dynamite were nothing more than a dud.

France - Le Coq Gaulois/The Gallic Roosters showed that they were much more than chickens. 'Humble Frenchmen': "Bien sûr, la France est passée par vous, porcs incultes. Nous sommes les meilleurs et avons donné au monde - Liberté, Égalité et Fraternité."

Australia - The Socceroos hopped, 'Skippyed' and jumped through to the knockout stage. Bonzer.

Group E
Costa Rica - Los Ticos (The Ticos) are out, chico. At least they beat some samurai.

Germany - The Kaisers were sent out of the group stage faster than Kaiser Wilhelm during WWI.

Japan - Samurai Blue cut their way through to the knockout stage.

Spain - La Furia Roja ("The Red Fury") weren't really all that furious. Nevertheless, they made it to the knockout stage. Dios Mio.

Group F
Belgium - De Rode Duivels, Les Diables rouges, Die Roten Teufel (The Red Devils) weren't so demonic after all. 'The Golden Generation', my arse.

Canada - Les Rouges (The Reds), The Maple Leafs, The Canucks, Les Voyageurs (The Voyageurs) should stick to playing Ice Hockey.

Croatia - Vatreni (The Blazers), Kockasti (The Checkered Ones) blazed and checkered their way through to the knockout stage.

Morocco - The Atlas Lions showed that they're not only kings of the Atlas Mountains but their entire group.

Group G
Brazil - Canarinho (Little Canary) não poderia ser enjaulado. De para a fase eliminatória. Viva os Imperadores Dom Pedro I e II

Serbia - Орлови/Оrlovi (The Eagles) soared the sky but the knockout stage was just too far.

Switzerland - Rossocrociati (Red Crosses) showed that they weren't going to stay neutral. Onward to the knockout stage.

Cameroon - The Indomitable Lions weren't so indomitable after all. But at least they taught Sylvester how to catch and eat a canary/canarinho.

Group H
Ghana - The Black Stars only managed to shine against Tigers and Taegeuk Warriors. Makes me wanna have some Naija Jollof Rice.

Portugal - Os Navegadores (The Navigators) navigated their way through to the knockout stage. A shame they were chased away by Taegeuk Warriors riding Asian Tigers.

South Korea - 태극전사 (Taegeuk Warriors), 아시아의 호랑이 (Tigers of Asia) showed their tiger warrior spirit and Tae Kwon Do kicked their way through to the knockout stage. Yi Sun-Sin would be proud.

Uruguay - The River Birds/Los Pájaros Del Río tears could fill the Uruguay river.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I might have to concede Cameroon as the top footballing nation in Africa. This is the first time an African nation has beat Brazil in the WC

Or at least

1A. Cameroon
1B. Nigeria - Ghana - Egypt
Not sure I agree with being 1b with Ghana and Egypt. How many round 16s do Ghana and Egypt have in the world cup? I think we're clearly 2nd to Cameroon.

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
my mom been watching soccer and just told me it's more exciting than basketball...this shyt made me laugh, her non sport watching ass don got caught up in fútbol
Football (soccer) is the greatest sport on this planet. Momma ain’t lying

Weekly league games across the world.
Yearly knockout tournaments watched from the villages of Iraq all the way to mountains of Himalayas
Continental tournaments (Euros, Copa America, African Nations)
The world stops and come together every 4years

:ufdup: