The Official FIFA World Cup Thread - QATAR 2022

WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Germy's problem has for decades been that they haven't produced a proper striker. Munich and Dortmund's strikers have always been a foreigners.

So they have to rely on the team playing fantastically in order for them to win

Kloser but not 100%

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Was still brazil b side but a good win nonetheless
No one is hearing that. They beat Brazil at a WC, end of story. 10 yrs from now no one is gonna say Cameroon beat Brazil's B team at the WC.

Nah, it's Cameroon was the first African nation to beat Brazil in a WC game.
Senegal is better, especially with Mane.
Not quite what I'm measuring. I'm measuring the success and heritage as a footballing nation. While Senegal has the better team right now, especially with Mane, They're not exactly a heavyweight in African football if you look at an extended history. Only 1 AFCON and 2x AFCON Runner ups. Been to the WC only 3x although they've made it to the QF.

If you look at Cameroon they've been to WC 8x, followed by Morocco and Nigeria with 6x. Cameroon has been to 7 AFCONs finals, winning 5.

Like Egypt has the most AFCONs with 7 but have only been to the WC 2x (3x if you count when they were the United Arab Reupublic)

When you add up all the footballing performances and achievements across all the competitions e.g. AFCON, WC, WCQ, Olympics etc you'll see Senegal fall further down the pack hence me saying Cameroon is like 1A, Nigeria - Ghana - Egypt like 1B.

Tallac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one is hearing that. They beat Brazil at a WC, end of story. 10 yrs from now no one is gonna say Cameroon beat Brazil's B team at the WC.

Nah, it's Cameroon was the first African nation to beat Brazil in a WC game.

Not quite what I'm measuring. I'm measuring the success and heritage as a footballing nation. While Senegal has the better team right now, especially with Mane, They're not exactly a heavyweight in African football if you look at an extended history. Only 1 AFCON and 2x AFCON Runner ups. Been to the WC only 3x although they've made it to the QF.

If you look at Cameroon they've been to WC 8x, followed by Morocco and Nigeria with 6x. Cameroon has been to 7 AFCONs finals, winning 5.

Like Egypt has the most AFCONs with 7 but have only been to the WC 2x (3x if you count when they were the United Arab Reupublic)

When you add up all the footballing performances and achievements across all the competitions e.g. AFCON, WC, WCQ, Olympics etc you'll see Senegal fall further down the pack hence me saying Cameroon is like 1A, Nigeria - Ghana - Egypt like 1B.
Oh I thought you were talking about today. Historically, there is no contest. Cameroon has 5 AFCONs, 8 WCs, Gold medal during Olympic games. Egypt and Ghana are our only competition. I would not even put Nigeria as a team there.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

England and France were the best teams
Brazil definitely need Neymar like Arg need Messi to step up
Germany were very unlucky
Denmark, Belgium and Uruguay deserved to go out
Ghana and Cameroon need to work on their D
Portugual have been poor. they look like they could get eliminated in the R16 or Quarters

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
People keep thinking that this is their dad’s Brasil. When in reality our WC performances have ranged from flat out embarrassing to lackluster since I’ve been pubescent. Today was the B squad, but that performance against Switzerland was just as tepid. Anybody that thinks South Korea is a massive underdog is delusional. Those Korean boys let their nuts hang and are going to be ready to fight for 90 minutes.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Oh I thought you were talking about today. Historically, there is no contest. Cameroon has 5 AFCONs, 8 WCs, Gold medal during Olympic games. Egypt and Ghana are our only competition. I would not even put Nigeria as a team there.

:ufdup:

Slow down there my guy. Naija was the FIRST African nation to get Gold at the Olympics. Beat Brazil in the Semis then Argentina in the final, 96 Olympics.

Naija been out their group in WC 3x out of 6. Cameroon is just 1 of 8.

We have 3 AFCONs, 4x Runner ups.

Ghana hasn’t won the AFCON since the 70s and didn’t make their first WC until 2006.

Nigeria is an undisputed African heavyweight.

Last time Nigeria and Cameroon met in AFCON 2019 what happened :youngsabo: