• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Not to mention that international football is a completely different animal than club football.
For some players from smaller nations, winning UCL might as well be their WC.

A pro player from Norway may never play in a WC. Int’l football you’re limited to the talent your nation produces.

I can’t express how much of a wasted slot Poland would be
Yep. At least Mexico may put up a fight.

France vs Mexico would've been one hell of a game. :mjcry:

Breh, Poland is such a wasted slot man.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
the world cup shouldnt expand to 48 teams

there isn't enough quality to spread out over 48 teams

I disagree. The biggest benefactor of the expanded WC will be Africa, moving from 5 slots to 9.33. There’s enough quality to sustain 16 more nations. Off top of my head, some big nations that didn’t qualify.

Nigeria, Sweden, Colombia, Peru, Algeria, Chile, Ivory Coast. That’s 7 already.

Only way I’d say keep the 32 WC format is if Europe lost 3 slots and gave at least 2 spots to CAF and another one for inter confederation playoffs. 13/32 spots just for UEFA? :camby:

I also like that we’ll be getting an additional rd of KO football.
Say what you want but CAF showed out well this tournament.

Yes indeed. It goes to show there’s more parity in the game and justifies the expansion. I think Ghana will beat Uruguay but Cameroon will fall short. That loss to the Swiss was a killer for them.

Morocco will qualify but idk if as group winners. Tunisia did better than I thought but losing to the Aussies is un explicable given how well Tunisia usually defend.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I can’t believe people are in here crying for Mexico. I’ve been to international games with Argentina, Colombia, Ghana, Nigeria, and countless other national sides. Mexico fans are by far the biggest scumbags I’ve ever encountered. Those idiots almost cracked my skull with a full beer bottle two years ago.

samuel-l-jackson-yes-they-deserved-to-die.gif

concise

Veteran
Daps
I can’t believe people are in here crying for Mexico. I’ve been to international games with Argentina, Colombia, Ghana, Nigeria, and countless other national sides. Mexico fans are by far the biggest scumbags I’ve ever encountered. Those idiots almost cracked my skull with a full beer bottle two years ago.

samuel-l-jackson-yes-they-deserved-to-die.gif

I was rooting for Saudi Arabia to win outright, but that late killer goal to seal Mexico's fate was just as sweet. :blessed:

Skip2

All Star
Daps
I disagree. The biggest benefactor of the expanded WC will be Africa, moving from 5 slots to 9.33. There’s enough quality to sustain 16 more nations. Off top of my head, some big nations that didn’t qualify.

Nigeria, Sweden, Colombia, Peru, Algeria, Chile, Ivory Coast. That’s 7 already.

Only way I’d say keep the 32 WC format is if Europe lost 3 slots and gave at least 2 spots to CAF and another one for inter confederation playoffs. 13/32 spots just for UEFA? :camby:

I also like that we’ll be getting an additional rd of KO football.

Yes indeed. It goes to show there’s more parity in the game and justifies the expansion. I think Ghana will beat Uruguay but Cameroon will fall short. That loss to the Swiss was a killer for them.

Morocco will qualify but idk if as group winners. Tunisia did better than I thought but losing to the Aussies is un explicable given how well Tunisia usually defend.
32 is the perfect number. 16 groups of 3 is just dumb for many reasons. No more last game fukkery that we saw today.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
32 is the perfect number. 16 groups of 3 is just dumb for many reasons. No more last game fukkery that we saw today.

I fully agree that 32 works best but it is what it is. I think they should do 12 groups of 4 and just rank the 8 best 3rd placed teams similar to the Euros.

Yea no last day fukkery but at least you get a clean rd 32.

China wants to get in. I guarantee you that’s why it’s expanding.

Nah, the other FAs particularly in Africa and Asia had put pressure on FIFA. 54 member nations in CAF but only 5 slots? 45 in Asia but only 4.5.

They lobbied FIFA hard and FIFA is one country, one vote.

argentina have the easist path to the semi finals, don't they?
Aus, then Usa/Ned
Easily. To me, winner of the Argentina SF is winning the WC.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
FIFA loves to create problems that don't exist.

This 48 team/3 team group shyt is some of the dumbest shyt they've ever come up with.

They are creating the possibility for collusion on the last match day and now are considering penalty shootouts to avoid draws.

They should just do 12 groups of 4. Then have 8/12 best 3rd place teams advance like in the Euros. The last group matches might be dead rubbers though…

concise

Veteran
Daps
:yawn:

12 groups of 3 means 2 group stage matches and 5 knockout games to win. Literally getting more knockout matches.
Either way, All of you will still be trying to catch every game you can.