• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Horrific call...football is going to shyt with VAR for real, shouldn't even be asked to look at that.
Agree with you that Var is killing the game but that’s a foul.

Jimenez got megged and his hand prevented the ball from advancing…it’s 100% unintentional but that’s a pen.

Bruno sauced on em.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
seems like personal/team drama & international beefs are starting to rear their heads at the WC now

ShockingBlushingFruitfly-size_restricted.gif

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Do kids willingly tryout to be a goalkeeper in youth teams or do they just force the tallest kids to be keepers? It seems like the absolute WOAT and unfun position to play.

When I played lots of kids wanted to be goalkeepers. It's one of the most prominent positions on the field, you get to direct traffic and have authority, and you can single-handedly stop the other team. Plus you don't have to run all day.

The main team I played on for 3 years actually had two goalkeepers who rotated half of every game, so they could play other positions the other half of the game. One of them was also a defender and the other one was a really good forward.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I predicted this multiple times in the pre World Cup thread that was all doom and gloom about how this tournament was going to be a disaster.

So far:
-Ratings are up
-More goals than 2018
- More entertaining than 2018’s group stage

I honestly attribute that to warm weather. Games always tend to explode because of wet pitches and fatigue. Brazil was the same way.

But honestly, its because nearly all the powerhouses are in transition. Some aren't even there. Chile and Italy are traditionally good teams. Neither there. Germany is in flux
Spain is a bunch of youngsters
Uruguay is a usual shoe-in for knockouts and they won't make it.
England looked painfully ineffectual against the US.
Netherlands don't have their usual talisman winger/midfielder and looked mediocre in arguably the easiest group.
Argentina dropped points to Saudi Arabia
Belgium flopped
Croatia couldn't score against Morocco
and Portugal got away with one against Ghana

So that leaves basically Brazil and France as favorites.

The African and Asian teams been playing spoiler.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Agree with you that Var is killing the game but that’s a foul.

Jimenez got megged and his hand prevented the ball from advancing…it’s 100% unintentional but that’s a pen.

Bruno sauced on em.

Like I said awful call...

If thats a handball you literally got to say any handball ever in the box is a pen, cause that is quite literally the definition of a natutal arm position.