The Official FIFA World Cup Thread - QATAR 2022

WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Let me preface by saying I don't know shyt about football.

Koreans had control for the entire 10+ minute added time. This couldn't have been by design right? Ghana was stressing me the fukk out with that. Why were they dropping back and allowing the Koreans to control the ball so freely?
It's "in-game mentality"..

Korea started committing a lot of players forward so they always had an extra man on the wings. That would have made it difficult for Ghana to play out of the back. Holding on to a slim lead and the game being in added time against an opponent in all out attack is a high pressure situation, so a few players also lost composure.

Sometimes it's better to just clear your lines than risking losing the ball in a dangerous area.

Skip2

All Star
Daps
i'm sorry but it's games like this that makes me embarrassed and has some truth to what euro fans say with african teams lacking tactics. why are you heading and huffing the ball with no korean defenders around you? why are you time wasting knowing the new rules?
European teams do this all the time when they’re trying to hold on to a lead. See Chelsea vs Zagreb at the Champions league.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Nerves of the occasion. Euro teams do the same thing, tactics in African football have come a long way. Bigger issue is management at the FA level for continuity.
yeah, against big teams. but there is no reason ghana should be committing to defending for the last 20 minutes against the south koreans. huffing and heading the ball at all cost.

it makes it seem as if south koreans are more technical on the ball. they are not. it comes down to coaching and lack of system

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It's "in-game mentality"..

Korea started committing a lot of players forward so they always had an extra man on the wings. That would have made it difficult for Ghana to play out of the back. Holding on to a slim lead and the game being in added time against an opponent in all out attack is a high pressure situation, so a few players also lost composure.

Sometimes it's better to just clear your lines than risking losing the ball in a dangerous area.
well said

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i'm sorry but it's games like this that makes me embarrassed and has some truth to what euro fans say with african teams lacking tactics. why are you heading and huffing the ball with no korean defenders around you? why are you time wasting knowing the new rules?
its easier said than done, especially when it involves backs who are not typically going to be comfortable handling the ball

when a ball is airborn you dont know who is around you so sometimes if your back is turned it is better to just clear it for that reason

i agree that they need more composure too

Skip2

All Star
Daps
Let me preface by saying I don't know shyt about football.

Koreans had control for the entire 10+ minute added time. This couldn't have been by design right? Ghana was stressing me the fukk out with that. Why were they dropping back and allowing the Koreans to control the ball so freely?
Ghana was afraid of committing too many players forward. They didn’t want to give South Korea space for a clear shot at goal.