The Official Dallas,TX DFW Metroplex Thread

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Kruangbin (HTX) x Leon Bridges (FW) - Texas Sun

3. "C-Side" track is the one that has potential to go hard across the public consciousness and airwaves

Last edited:

Supper

All Star
Daps
Y'all city skyline game is def killing our's(htown).

DzarVcHU8AAgvVR

But, Iono if I'd want the city to be rapidly polished like that since so many historic black neighborhoods border or are close to downtown and that would only intensify the gentrification here.

Still, can't lie. That shyt is a site to see.

March Madness

All Star
Daps

im happy for SOC...

but when i attended we had big ass roaches everywhere,
a MMA fighting cage and teachers betting on which student gone beat who,
3 security cameras on each hallway etc etc

seeing all this new shyt up there is bittersweet for me.
i came out a year after Maserati Ye did.

i own property off Ann Arbor tho so im good either way.

Y'all city skyline game is def killing our's(htown).

DzarVcHU8AAgvVR

But, Iono if I'd want the city to be rapidly polished like that since so many historic black neighborhoods border or are close to downtown and that would only intensify the gentrification here.

Still, can't lie. That shyt is a site to see.

Houston shyt is WOAT breh...Dallas definitely "the big city" of the south.

i could never get with Houston completely because of the zoning...shyt is too spread out in the urban areas.

i live next to the tallest purple building in that pic (Bank of America Plaza) in the West End District... i rarely use my car. i walk and Lyft to most the shyt i need...

Houston drivers better than DFW drivers though...

i-35 might as well be a set location for the next Final Destination movie

Supper

All Star
Daps
Houston shyt is WOAT breh...Dallas definitely "the big city" of the south.

i could never get with Houston completely because of the zoning...shyt is too spread out in the urban areas.

i live next to the tallest purple building in that pic (Bank of America Plaza) in the West End District... i rarely use my car. i walk and Lyft to most the shyt i need...

Houston drivers better than DFW drivers though...

i-35 might as well be a set location for the next Final Destination movie

Yeah y'all freeway system is trash. Had to crawl that mf tryna do some job training back in the gap. Never again.

Within the beltway(the original city before annexation) the pop is dense just like any other big southern city. Outside the beltway though are a bunch of areas that were originally suburbs or rural areas.

Some were even planned specifically to be rural in nature when or before the city annexed them especially the black neighborhoods like trinity & kashmere gardens and acres homes, which is part of the "rurban" charm of these hoods today. We ain't tryna get rid of that.

Others were urban from the start like 4th ward and 3rd ward. Some where suburban like Independence Heights/Studewood. Other's were mix rural and urban like 5th ward and Sunnyside.

I'll be damn if a bunch of developers come in and bulldoze everything to "polish" these neighborhoods for the yuppy cac transplants. This shyt heritage for us.

Last edited:

Supper

All Star
Daps
I35 and 75 is like twisted metal

Dallas skyline has the advantage over Houston because Houston’s downtown and uptown aren’t connected, Dallas is so it has a grander view

Yep Houston has a couple "CBDs".

DWT, UPT, Westchase, Energy Corridor, Greenspoint, etc etc

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yep, this is why my Mom moved from Cedar Hill to Flower Mound.

Mexicans and Section 8 nikkas have overran that area.

Smart for her to move out before the property value starts to fall. :yeshrug:

Her house was worth $100K more than when she bought it over 20 years ago. :wow: She came out with the bag. :wow:
cedar hill wack now, you right

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Lewisville Police Seize Nearly 600 Pounds of Meth in Massive Drug Bust
Published February 24, 2020 • Updated on February 24, 2020 at 10:13 pm

lewisville-pd-meth.jpg

Lewisville PD

Lewisville police on Sunday seized nearly 600 pounds of drugs in what officers say is one of the largest drug busts they’ve seen in the city.

"
Lewisville police on Sunday seized nearly 600 pounds of drugs in what officers say is one of the largest drug busts they’ve seen in the city.

Lewisville police on Sunday seized nearly 600 pounds of drugs in what officers say is one of the largest drug busts they've seen in the city.

A total of 595 pounds of methamphetamine was discovered hidden inside a big rig after Lewisville police were asked to help investigate a tip about "a suspicious tractor-trailer located near a major highway," according to a police news release.

Lewisville officer Pat Robey and his K-9 partner, Stryker, discovered the drugs in a hidden compartment of the truck, the release said.

Local
The latest news from around North Texas.

46 MINS AGO
1 Injured in Crash on Airport Freeway in Euless

52 MINS AGO
Jenna Owens, Co-Host of The Kidd Kraddikk Morning Show,...
The estimated street value of the drugs is more than $1.2 million.

Police did not say whether anyone was arrested in connection with the drugs.

Stryker-trucks-1.png

Lewisville PD
Lewisville PD K-9 Stryker alerted to the nearly 600 pounds of methamphetamine found hidden in a tractor-trailer, police said. (Published Feb. 24, 2020)

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Saturday I ate at Jonathon's Oak Cliff
Cause my girl kept talking bout she wanted to go cause her coworkers kept bragging on how good it was

shyt was average as fukk:francis:

When I moved here from Houston, I asked people if there was something comparable to Breakfast Klub in Houston, and they told me about Jonathon's. Agreed, wasn't up to par. :manny: