The Official Dallas Cowboys 2023 Season Thread

Should Dak remain starter in 2024 if he doesnt win at least 2 playoff games?

• Total voters

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
3rd & 2 in an obvious run situation and this is the defense you line up in?....Akoye is right, Quinn needs to slap himself.

GCKDHe0XoAAZnc_

"Micah needs to play off ball" :mjlol:

Aint going to happen. Stat boy can't chase his 1 sack and 4 hurries per game "off the ball":mjlol:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
3rd & 2 in an obvious run situation and this is the defense you line up in?....Akoye is right, Quinn needs to slap himself.

GCKDHe0XoAAZnc_

We move to Micah off-ball, our pass rush is gonna look like 2014 all over again.

Tank, Fowler, Dorance, and Osa have a combined 4 sacks over the last month and a half.

Nothing can be done this year. Jerry & Stephen dropped the ball during the offseason by signing LVE and not making a trade after that 9ers game when he got hurt.

Btw, the Ravens got Roquan for a second and fifth rounder. Its like saying would you trade Schoonmaker and Viliami Fehoko for an all pro Linebacker…

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
We move to Micah off-ball, our pass rush is gonna look like 2014 all over again.

Tank, Fowler, Dorance, and Osa have a combined 4 sacks over the last month and a half.

Nothing can be done this year. Jerry & Stephen dropped the ball during the offseason by signing LVE and not making a trade after that 9ers game when he got hurt.

Btw, the Ravens got Roquan for a second and fifth rounder. Its like saying would you trade Schoonmaker and Viliami Fehoko for an all pro Linebacker…
Even with the overall personnel issues, having that alignment and personnel on the field at that time was incredibly stupid.

Daps
I don’t get the hype of Osa Odighizuwa. I hope the cowboys let him walk for compensation. He’s not a run stuffer so he’s a 3t but he doesn’t gets sacks. He gets one pressure a game Maybe dude hasn’t recorded a sack since week 2. We got so much deadweight at the Dt position that the front office loves.

Osa ain’t shyt.
Gholston ain shyt
Oxnard mvp ain’t shyt
Our first round pick ain’t shyt.

Too much dead weight at a position that’s killing us against the run game

@BlueHeffner Amari balled yesterday with a 3rd string qb
Naw Amari inconsistent as fukk. We saw how he'd ball out one game then have a sore hamstring and play like shyt for 3 games after that.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Ravens showing what a real elite defense looks like :wow:

Been awhile since I seen one. I'm used to the Dan Quinn fugazzi we can't be elite until we up 14 or more points and the opponents have abandoned the running game defense :francis:

They gave up a shyt load of yards to San Fran.. they got turnovers tho.

Difference to me was the QB (Jackson) making plays. Dak dont in those games

Last edited:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
We will never in our lifetimes see a Cowboys team that is even half as physical as this Ravens team

And this isn’t even probably a top 5 physical squad for them in their last 15-20 years

Bunch of mentally and physically soft bytches that get pushed around in cold weather decade after decade
San Fran ran on Baltimore like they did us. lol

They had big pass plays. Bmore was just getting turnovers and cashing in.

The key stat tho when we played San Fran

Dak 14-24 153yds 1 TD and wait for it... 3 picks

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
San Fran ran on Baltimore like they did us. lol

They had big pass plays. Bmore was just getting turnovers and cashing in.

The key stat tho when we played San Fran

Dak 14-24 153yds 1 TD and wait for it... 3 picks
Isaiah Likely out there stiffarming DBs like they’re high schoolers

That alone was more physical than anything I saw from our team in 3 matchups

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

Oh it was cause Lamar makes plays that Dak don't. Ok. I thought it was because in 3 quarters they got 4 picks against Purdy and in 8 quarters our defense has...wait let me take a closer luck...exactly fukking 0 picks against Purdy. Including a pass that fell in Diggs lap like a punt in the playoffs last year. Actually NOT including it...since he didn't catch it.

It's almost like the Ravens have a good defense that can take the ball away from good teams, and the cowboys have a defense who can only take the ball away from the Mac Jones and Sam Howell's of the world.

Maybe we should trade Stat Boy for Brent Urban. He actually got after Purdy and got him on the ground :leon:

Those "shyt ton of yards" came on like 4 plays. And it resulted in exactly one touchdown. Again...that's what a good defense does. Just cause they give up some big plays that doesn't mean they HAVE to give up points. I know we wouldn't know anything about that. Teams score less than 22% of the time when they have to start a drive inside their own 5 yard line. But we let Tua just drop back and throw a 50 yard pass that resulted in a field goal. Every statistic in football hilariously in your favor and these idiots STILL gave up points in the single situation in which points are hardest to get.

Maybe one day we'll get a real defense that doesn't stat pad against the giants, jets, and patriots :mjcry:. Hopefully when that happens we also get a left tackle who consistently tries to block the man in front of him to :to:

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dak never had the footwork to manipulate the pocket like better QBs

That's his main drawback
He's a less mobile Hurts that moves awkwardly when his 1st read isn't open. He stays in the pocket more unlike Hurts tho

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Oh it was cause Lamar makes plays that Dak don't. Ok. I thought it was because in 3 quarters they got 4 picks against Purdy and in 8 quarters our defense has...wait let me take a closer luck...exactly fukking 0 picks against Purdy. Including a pass that fell in Diggs lap like a punt in the playoffs last year. Actually NOT including it...since he didn't catch it.

It's almost like the Ravens have a good defense that can take the ball away from good teams, and the cowboys have a defense who can only take the ball away from the Mac Jones and Sam Howell's of the world.

Maybe we should trade Stat Boy for Brent Urban. He actually got after Purdy and got him on the ground :leon:

Those "shyt ton of yards" came on like 4 plays. And it resulted in exactly one touchdown. Again...that's what a good defense does. Just cause they give up some big plays that doesn't mean they HAVE to give up points. I know we wouldn't know anything about that. Teams score less than 22% of the time when they have to start a drive inside their own 5 yard line. But we let Tua just drop back and throw a 50 yard pass that resulted in a field goal. Every statistic in football hilariously in your favor and these idiots STILL gave up points in the single situation in which points are hardest to get.

Maybe one day we'll get a real defense that doesn't stat pad against the giants, jets, and patriots :mjcry:. Hopefully when that happens we also get a left tackle who consistently tries to block the man in front of him to :to:

You frustrated like all of us.

But stats dont really lie. Dak has never played well against San Fran even when our defense shut them down like last playoffs.. we scored 12 points. He had 2 picks. Hell in every big game ouside our division.

I dont really care to beat a dead horse, but Baltimore success is on Lamar. Defense plays tough for them. Its a total effort in a BIG game. We dont do that in all phases in BIG games

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
You frustrated like all of us.

But stats dont really lie. Dak has never played well against San Fran even when our defense shut them down like last playoffs.. we scored 12 points. He had 2 picks. Hell in every big game ouside our division.

I dont really care to beat a dead horse, but Baltimore success is on Lamar. Defense plays tough for them. Its a total effort in a BIG game. We dont do that in all phases in BIG games
He kept us competitive this week, tho...even with 2 turnstiles at the tackle positions. The Luepke fumble and the Pollard non-td at the 1 yard line hurts. Games like this you need a complete team effort. As great as Lamar has been playing, he has a talented and dominant defense he can lean on. We not getting out the 1st round with this defense.