The Official Dallas Cowboys 2023 Season Thread

Should Dak remain starter in 2024 if he doesnt win at least 2 playoff games?

• Total voters

MalaKai

Luv is Luv
Daps
Reppin
#WeDemBoyz
I mean you can be a fan and be objective too. Thats why Broaddus is the only one that I actually enjoy listening to, because hes gonna be honest.

I mean if youre a dumbass causual like @Dwight HoWOAT , how will you know whether the team really stands a chance against an opponent if these twitter dudes are being nonstop homers :manny:
Why is this thread not being upped after each post?...nvm...

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean you can be a fan and be objective too. Thats why Broaddus is the only one that I actually enjoy listening to, because hes gonna be honest.

I mean if youre a dumbass causual like @Dwight HoWOAT , how will you know whether the team really stands a chance against an opponent if these twitter dudes are being nonstop homers :manny:
You ain’t objective about this damn defense :unimpressed: one sack and it’s DoOmSdAy DeFenCe!!:francis:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

I feel you. But hey it could be worse. He could be like all eagles fans that think they will win every game they play then play victim when they lose.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
A discussion needs to be had about this red zone offense. This is now pathetic.
This is why I was a little annoyed during the Jets game when we just sat it down in the second half.

On top of Dak not getting preseason reps, the staff seems to think the offense can score at will because of big names and Madden ratings.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is why I was a little annoyed during the Jets game when we just sat it down in the second half.

On top of Dak not getting preseason reps, the staff seems to think the offense can score at will because of big names and Madden ratings.
They’re taking it for granted because we lead the league in drives of 70 yards or more. We’re driving down the field at will. We’re one of the top teams in red zone possession. But the bigger thing is the offense is flowing like McCarthy wants it to in being complimentary to the defense. When we’re making all those long drives like we are we’re controlling the clock and maximizing the defenses efficiency by keep them off the field and allowing them to play at a higher level for the times they are on the field. They shouldn’t be gassed and should be able to play at maximum effort.

The issue is just mostly execution. Sc00nmaker has dropped two tds in the red zones, and the running game isn’t executing like Pollard running into Dak behind then line of scrimmage. The other part of it is getting cute with the trickery. You’re having issue executing and running the regular play properly, why are we trying to execute trick plays that the defense isn’t fooled by. Dak needs to target wrs more because teams know he wants to hit the tight end in the red zone. Keep them honest.

I think McCArthy will right the ship this Sunday because he clearly also been dogging it agaisnt these garbage teams we’ve played so far

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio

I think the team realizes they have a real chance this year and are in no rush. These 4 games have really been our pre season tbh. Offense has been experimenting, resting guys and in spite of that we're 3-1 and they've been executing outside of the RZ.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the team realizes they have a real chance this year and are in no rush. These 4 games have really been our pre season tbh. Offense has been experimenting, resting guys and in spite of that we're 3-1 and they've been executing outside of the RZ.
Nah it’s more issues than just the redzone, red zone is just the most glaring.

But there’s other issues. We have undisputedly the weakest linebacker play out of all the contenders. LVE doesn’t have a tackle for a loss. He doesn’t get behind the line of scrimmage. He hustles shire but Micah needs better beside him. Man I think the overstood injury is devastating. Nate and Jesse was talking about tackling and made the point that these other teams have thumpers, and the cowboys have tacklers.

Another underrated weakness is our punt returning scheme. I think CJ Goodwin is inhis last legs. Look at all our punt returns he’s getting beat by the gunners everytime. Turpin has only had one good punt to actually field and survey for a return other Goodwuns guys is in his grill. Before the fair catch.

Tyron. We’re used to it but Tyron is an issue

We Need more evidence but Gilmore looks to be a liability agaisnt speedy wrs and Lewis is handsy out there. Dude is goin to get a lot illegal contacts penalty’s.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im not buying that bullshyt.

“Hes saving all of the good plays for the good teams!”

:unimpressed:
Nah. I think he’s just not opening up the playbook when we’re up multiple scores in the first half and the games are essentially non-competitive at halftime… jsut my opinion. We know this coaching staff is very detail oriented . We saw that with the 2 pt conversion agaisnt the patriots. Here’s a fun fact: that’s as the first two point conversion to be converted by any team from the 15 yard line since the nfl pushed back the extra point. Most teams when they go for 2 just attempt it from the 2 yard line but the cowboys seen something on film against the patriots that they thought could be exploited.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Nah it’s more issues than just the redzone, red zone is just the most glaring.

But there’s other issues. We have undisputedly the weakest linebacker play out of all the contenders. LVE doesn’t have a tackle for a loss. He doesn’t get behind the line of scrimmage. He hustles shire but Micah needs better beside him. Man I think the overstood injury is devastating. Nate and Jesse was talking about tackling and made the point that these other teams have thumpers, and the cowboys have tacklers.

Another underrated weakness is our punt returning scheme. I think CJ Goodwin is inhis last legs. Look at all our punt returns he’s getting beat by the gunners everytime. Turpin has only had one good punt to actually field and survey for a return other Goodwuns guys is in his grill. Before the fair catch.

Tyron. We’re used to it but Tyron is an issue

We Need more evidence but Gilmore looks to be a liability agaisnt speedy wrs and Lewis is handsy out there. Dude is goin to get a lot illegal contacts penalty’s.
I was speaking on the offense but I agree we can improve at LB.