The Official Corey Holcomb 5150 Show Thread

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
Those are all tired points that have been proven to not be the problem.

Something being repeated over and over doesnt make it truth.

Our issue are way more complex than that.
:dwillhuh: how can it be proven if it has never been done

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
A extra $150 in yo bank account every 2-3 months if u don't buy weave or Jordans:pachaha:

Corey also contradicts himself.

He seems to understand there are things we can and cannot buy.

Corey went as far as to say you shouldn't put your money in a bank, last week, for that very reason.

All money don't spend the same. Jordan money isn't gonna "buy back the block."

Koreans aren't in our neighborhoods because they save their money;

Why Do Koreans Own The Black Beauty Supply Business?

According to the book “On My Own: Korean Businesses and Race Relations in America”, the rise of the YH Trade wig manufacturing company was significant. Founder Yung Ho Chang, conceived the idea of the company while working as the vice-director of Korean Trade Promotion Corporation in the U.S. Between 1965 and 1978, his company exported $100 million worth of wigs.

In 1965, the Korean Wig merchants joined together and convinced the Korean government to outlaw the export of raw hair,” said Aron Ranen, a filmmaker who has documented the marginalization of African-American entrepreneurs in the hair care industry in the film Black Hair. “[This ban] made it so that one can only buy the pre-made wigs and extensions.” In other words, Korean hair could only be manufactured in Korea. “Six months later, the United States government created a ban on any wig that contains hair from China,” effectively putting South Korea in prime position to exploit the market.

And Corey will be the same dude to say shooting at cops > politics

Gotdamn, I wish some of us would actually take time to research simple shyt.

Madame Noire is typically a feminist site and I was still able to run into this article.

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
Those are all tired points that have been proven to not be the problem.

Something being repeated over and over doesnt make it truth.

Our issue are way more complex than that.
They never said its why black people are poor. They said a protest could be stopped with free weaves and jordans.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
They never said its why black people are poor. They said a protest could be stopped with free weaves and jordans.

That's not representation on all black people. The same people in line weren't the same people protesting.

Same way the people protesting Trayvon/Mike Brown's death aren't the same people killing black men over blocks.

Again, those are pretty dense and rudimentary talking points that don't stand up to any type of srcutiny.

Black Americans litterally been fighting since we were captured. But, instead of highlighting the Black organizers who aren't on IG/Twitter for fukkery--the ones you actually have to work to find--we pretend these women are the whole of us.

I'm glad he had dude from the Advise Show on. But, he needs to do more of that and less this.

Brolic Scholar

Licensed Text Technician
Daps
Reppin
Unknown Side Effects
Good show. They’re getting back on track.

Unrelated:

Is this the same woman? The one with the choker and the one that was on Springer with Corey?

:ohhh:

corey.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
:mjpls:I remember the black people broke cuz of Jordan/Weave shyt 10 years ago.

:mjpls:but I bet they don’t make any book/film/product or service they have affordable for consumption nor do they pocket watch when it comes to their wears.

:mjpls:“Support black people without asking for a discount” head ass