Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Bought this today I've never heard of it but the premise was so good for me to pass it up

998979.jpg

I also picked up Doctor Strange the Oath, Elektra Assassin, Y the Last Man Deluxe HC 4 and Inhumans by Ann Nocenti and some other writers

Great graphic novel Marcos Martin kills the art dude is like a modern Ditko now that Private Eye with Brian K Vaughn is finished I hope he does more ongoings.

This website is selling the Priest Black Panther Vol. 1 collection for 50% off.

Black Panther By Priest TP Vol 01 Complete Collection

I actually just picked this up for six dollars on amazon with a ten dollar promotional credit amazon gave me.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Secret Wars was kinda "ehhh..." after last issue. It feels like Hickman cut the "how Doom killed the Beyonders and created Battleworld" explanation into three parts and just spread them out over different issues as filler. Because this is like the third time this shyt about the bombs and Molecule Man is explained to us.

Still, while a bit boring that's high praise compared to the garbage that Snyder gave us in Batman. A similar extravagant exposition dump except it's all awful, the hamfisted 'He's pure Bruce now!' explanation, the incredibly unsubtle Batman-rebooting Deus Ex Machina, Snyder's 527th use of the "here's a story about the history of something that is a direct parallel to whatever's going on now" trope, how the fukk can people still praise this man?

Luckily Ennis brought 200% fukkery in the new issue of All-Star Section Eight.

SECT8-3-2-25610.jpg

SECT8-3-3-3699e.jpg

GESUS fukk! :dead::deadrose::deadmanny:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I enjoyed Secret Wars because I may be the only person on the planet who is an actual fan of Molecule Man so him being batshyt crazy and having a cryptic convo with Doom was :obama:to me.

The Walking Dead continues to be hot garbage. This issue didn't even read like a full fukking issue but rather some shyt that could have been just 4 pages of a different, better written comic book.

Earth 2 Society continues to be a very good read and I am liking the world building that is going on in tandem with a full blown murder mystery.

Korvac Saga continues to be good.

All Star Section Eight was hilarious.

I am liking the story Snyder is telling in Batman (even though it so obvious that someone is going to finish that Batman clone machine and give Bruce Wayne back his memories) and I like Gordon as Batman and how the book is taking a weirder turn with the intro of Mr. Bloom.

THat A-Force book is kinda me but the art is really good. Wish the story was better.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I really liked Secret Wars too. It was a filler chapter no doubt, but I still had some questions about what the fukk happened and they have been answered. It's kinda weird there's only 3 issues left though, for all the time Hickman has taken to tell his story it seems inevitable he's gonna end up rushing to the end.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Secret Wars 5 was cool.. nice set up for future fukkery but obviously it was mostly used to catch up all the new readers on how shyt came to be.

Wth that said, In the past 10 years worth of big crossovers events, Marvel always encounters the same dilemma: they'll have a grand epic opening/set up that has you like :damn::krs::ohlawd: (i.e. House of M, Civil War, Secret Invasion, World War Hulk, Siege, etc.) and the momentum carries you to at least the halfway point of the event... but after that it's always the finish that's very hit or miss. Sometimes they'll do a good job of giving you a fleshed out, satisfying ending... but other times shyt just feels either mad rushed or like muthafukkas boxed themselves in a corner with a grand idea without ever thinkin of a logical way to resolve the mess.

I think Hickman has had the ending for this planned for years now, so i think that'll be straight. I am curious to see how well he can wrap up the individual character subplots within that same 3 issue time frame tho.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aren't the lady three issues of Secret Wars supposed to be oversized? If so, could give them plenty of extra space for the story, but it looks like some of the tie-in series are going to pick up the rest (Siege in particular, apparently).

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
havent really read much just yet. Been busy.

Dooms entire world is about to fall apart simply because he couldn't keep his ego in check.

Thanos is about to singlehandedly fukk The Wall up something serious.

I caught up on Omega Men. Yeah, it's crack.

Read Starve from Image. Good lord, man. It's like this book was written for me and only me. :mjcry:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Aren't the lady three issues of Secret Wars supposed to be oversized? If so, could give them plenty of extra space for the story, but it looks like some of the tie-in series are going to pick up the rest (Siege in particular, apparently).

Yeah I expect the stories of the domains where the 616 refugees landed will fill in the gap. Also good for Marvel for expanding the end of the series with more pages. This is not the type of story they want to fukk up

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Black excellence!

But...

wasn't Moon Boy a fukking ape creature? They left the naming convention the same for the little black girl...? :dwillhuh:

Yeeeeeep. It's like Marvel's saying "You thought our Hip Hop Homage covers were racist? Lets see how many of you actually read comics. :sas2:"