Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Do anyone else have the feeling that Secret Wars will falter in the end?
Only way I think it could falter is if it has some deus ex machina ending or Doom save the day. I love Doom but the heroes should end up saving the day not him.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...-talk-the-illustrated-origin-of-concrete-park
tumblr_nnhmlawzn01rjjqsfo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nnhmlawzn01rjjqsfo2_1280.jpg

Concrete Park vol 1
Concrete Park vol 2
My muthafukkin nikka. I had this pic for the longest but couldn't remember to search for it

unnamed-11.jpg

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
Only way I think it could falter is if it has some deus ex machina ending or Doom save the day. I love Doom but the heroes should end up saving the day not him.

If that panel from Fantastic Four is indicative of anything (the one with the Reed kids, talking to Doom, saying he was a God), I wouldn't be surprised if Valeria and Franklin come through and help him.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I just read Secret Wars 1. I thought Cyclops was gonna wreck shyt when he got ahold of the Phoenix Force. Boy was I disappointed.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Still haven't read secret wars 1 yet, been sittin here, with the last 3 issues of Zero. shyt might as well get it in :ehh:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Do anyone else have the feeling that Secret Wars will falter in the end?
I think it might just because (and this is a personal feeling based on nothing but the way the storyline reads to me so far and based on solicits for other books int he corssover) I think Marvel is piggybacking on a storyline that Hickman wrote to be an Avengers tale and it is now being used as a major event to explain how certain characters are going to be brought into the 616 universe or back from the dead or whatever final goals the editors at Marvel have.
so while I think that Hickman's story that he started at the beginning of his Avengers run would have delivered a satisfying ending, turning his story into this Secret Wars crossover has the potential to be a massive clusterfukk.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think it might just because (and this is a personal feeling based on nothing but the way the storyline reads to me so far and based on solicits for other books int he corssover) I think Marvel is piggybacking on a storyline that Hickman wrote to be an Avengers tale and it is now being used as a major event to explain how certain characters are going to be brought into the 616 universe or back from the dead or whatever final goals the editors at Marvel have.
so while I think that Hickman's story that he started at the beginning of his Avengers run would have delivered a satisfying ending, turning his story into this Secret Wars crossover has the potential to be a massive clusterfukk.

Pretty much the same way Infinity ended up being barely coherent because Marvel pretty much forced him to put in all that stuff that had nothing to do with the Builder war.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I'm reading Superior Iron Man right now. Tony Starks fcukery to the 10th power!:blessed: I would like to see a live version of this. The new Iron Man suit is pretty dope too.