Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
But he still tried to help:dwillhuh:Still cold, though.

At the end of Cap and Ironman's fight, why were/who were they dropping bombs over Baghdad?:dahell:I'm guessing that's the other Earth creating a diversion to keep 616's hero's busy?

Gotta read New Avengers. If you don't care about spoilers...
That wasn't a diversion. It was Ultimate Nick Fury with the safeties off, bombing the fukk out of the 616's Earth. He's throwing everything at them, off of the word of the Cabal and U. Reed.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Gotta read New Avengers. If you don't care about spoilers...
That wasn't a diversion. It was Ultimate Nick Fury with the safeties off, bombing the fukk out of the 616's Earth. He's throwing everything at them, off of the word of the Cabal and U. Reed.
Ok, it's still kind of what I figured, just didn't remember the other Earth was Ultimate

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This weeks Convergence books were actually good (at least the ones I read). The JSA, Infinity Inc, Booster Gold, Shazam, Blue Beetle and Plastic Man & The Freedom Fighters books all made me want to see ongoing series based on those properties. The earlier Convergence books were ass though and the main Convergence title is trash.

Justice League was good too. It is meta as fukk but I like the revised origin for The Anti-Monitor and how they made Metron into a variation of the Watcher.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Those are great starting points. I'd include Batman: The Long Halloween, Marvel's House of M, and DC's Identity Crisis, Countdown To Infinite Crisis, and Infinite Crisis.

These 3 DC tpb's are some of the best big event super-hero comics ever written:
kXPHFef.jpg

AbmyU3A.jpg

VtrPXgk.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Bendis always gets great artist. It kills me the quality artists they put on his book compared to Hickman.

They took Schiti from New Avengers and put him on that horrible GOTG book.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Bendis always gets great artist. It kills me the quality artists they put on his book compared to Hickman.

They took Schiti from New Avengers and put him on that horrible GOTG book.

They stay fukking with Hickman on that shyt. Secret Warriors as well as his FF run has a couple of replacement artists that were flat-out embarrassing. I think there's an issue in FF where there's a joke about how Leech has no nose, but the artist on that particular issue drew Leech with one, completely nullifying the joke.

It's not as bad as some of the suffering Peter David had to endure while writing X-Factor, but still.

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
New comic series focused on black characters:

South African Superheroes - ‘Kwezi’ The New Comic Book From Artist Loyiso Mkize

Check out ‘Kwezi’, the new comic book series which is getting rave reviews over in South Africa and and now world wide.
Created by acclaimed artist Loyiso Mkize, the series is centered on 19 year old Kwezi, a typical South African youngster - immersed in popular youth culture - who develops a connection with his traditional roots,. Mkize says, “It is the journey of a young man.
He starts off as an arrogant, opinionated anti-hero who discovers and appreciates his superpowers … the cultural aspect brings him back to his roots.”

http://www.afropunk.com/profiles/bl...ican-superheros-kwezi-the-new-comic-book-from

Legend of the Mantamaji
http://www.afropunk.com/profiles/blogs/feature-legend-of-the-mantamaji-comic-book-giveaway
Buy LEGEND OF THE MANTAMAJI on Amazon
Buy LEGEND OF THE MANTAMAJI on Comixology
Buy LEGEND OF THE MANTAMAJI at LegendoftheMantamaji.com