Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
@Jello Biafra Ordered a copy of Infinite Frontier, Batman, and the new Crime Syndicate book from midtown comics. Not sure when its coming but I hope its soon. Glad to see Darkseid is in there. He's possibly one of my favorite comic book characters of all time.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@Jello Biafra Ordered a copy of Infinite Frontier, Batman, and the new Crime Syndicate book from midtown comics. Not sure when its coming but I hope its soon. Glad to see Darkseid is in there. He's possibly one of my favorite comic book characters of all time.
All three of those were decent reads.
Jorge Jiminez is killing it on Batman. The books hasn't looked that good since Greg Capullo was drawing it.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
qrBEpT7.jpg

H5qyFVC.jpg

ap7oql7.jpg

Pretty sure that's the look he has during the legion's time :patrice: and I thought he was still in that sector 0 place

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I skimmed through the Infinite Frontier book. Half that shyt read like Elseworlds shyt they're now trying to make mainstream. I fukking hate how DC is like Marvel from ten years ago, just reboot after reboot and every writer seemingly trying to one up each other on being the one with the biggest everything-altering throw-continuity-in-the-trash event in their book.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I skimmed through the Infinite Frontier book. Half that shyt read like Elseworlds shyt they're now trying to make mainstream. I fukking hate how DC is like Marvel from ten years ago, just reboot after reboot and every writer seemingly trying to one up each other on being the one with the biggest everything-altering throw-continuity-in-the-trash event in their book.

It makes me think the higher ups feel DC Comics is imploding and don't care what writers do.

And honestly at this point, neither do I.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Confirm? :lupe:

Confirmed :mjgrin:

Hellions continues to be a fukking blast to read.

Wildchild's dream had me :dead:

Havoc have some damn pride breh, jesus christ :gucci:
Sinister :laff:
"There's a strange man molesting me with his eyes! Big, toothy grin. Clearly veneers."

"Confirm?"

"CONFIRM?"
:mjlol:

TACH A LUCH :damn:

:mjlol:

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Cable ending with issue 12.

Good :ehh: never really bothered with it but with so many new X-comics coming out, they have to start ending some runs. If Vita Ayala hadn't showed up and saved New Mutants, I'd say they should cut that one too but right now is one of the best X-books out there.

And shyt, if Tini Howard is writing X-Corp, just cut Excalibur and let people play with the Otherworld fukkery in their other books (they are already doing it anyways).

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
qrBEpT7.jpg

H5qyFVC.jpg

ap7oql7.jpg
Just read this, my books came in this morning. Love this new directive DC has. No more dark grim stories, and I love that they even acknowledged that in the book. Same with Darkseid in here. They acknowledged that he's been written absolutely horribly for like the past 10 years now, as a huge Darkseid fan this is awesome. Darkseid was always written best when he was used sparingly and only as the final boss. Idk what they were thinking with that Justice League Odyssey book. Gonna read Crime Syndicate and Batman later today.

Do you know of any good comic book forums? We have this thread here, but like a forum dedicated to only comic books? Thanks.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Just read this, my books came in this morning. Love this new directive DC has. No more dark grim stories, and I love that they even acknowledged that in the book. Same with Darkseid in here. They acknowledged that he's been written absolutely horribly for like the past 10 years now, as a huge Darkseid fan this is awesome. Darkseid was always written best when he was used sparingly and only as the final boss. Idk what they were thinking with that Justice League Odyssey book. Gonna read Crime Syndicate and Batman later today.

Do you know of any good comic book forums? We have this thread here, but like a forum dedicated to only comic books? Thanks.
Comic Book Resources has a forum. It used to be bumping but I haven't been to it in a while so I don't know how active it is anymore.