Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Al Ewing Takes Mutantkind Beyond the Stars in 'S.W.O.R.D.'

This December, writer Al Ewing and artist Valerio Schiti bring fans the newest X-Men title, S.W.O.R.D.! In last year’s groundbreaking HOUSE OF X, the mutant nation of Krakoa was founded and quickly became a major force on the world stage. Now, Jonathan Hickman’s grand new vision for mutantkind continues as the X-Men look to do for the galaxy what Krakoa did for the planet.

In the startling aftermath of X OF SWORDS, mutantkind will take the bold next step in claiming their destiny by relaunching the Sentient World Observation & Response Directorate to deal with all things extra-terrestrial on behalf of Earth. The events of this series will have a tremendous impact not only on the X-Men’s world but the Marvel Universe as a whole, as the mutants of S.W.O.R.D. warp the cosmic landscape forever. The stellar cast includes Magneto, Abigail Brand, Cable, Frenzy, Wiz-Kid, Fabian Cortez, former Avenger Manifold, and many other fan-favorite mutants who will be stepping into the spotlight in a major way.

Eim0HLaXcAEbbl5

rCHhd2W.jpg

Hz23HrY.jpg

KY4RgRl.jpg

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Is Absolute Carnage worth buying? Not a big Carnage fan, but Venom is a favorite, so I would think he gets good screen time. Omnibus is only a bill (cheaper at a shop I go to), so I wouldn’t mind getting it in the future.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

This December, writer Al Ewing and artist Valerio Schiti bring fans the newest X-Men title, S.W.O.R.D.! In last year’s groundbreaking HOUSE OF X, the mutant nation of Krakoa was founded and quickly became a major force on the world stage. Now, Jonathan Hickman’s grand new vision for mutantkind continues as the X-Men look to do for the galaxy what Krakoa did for the planet.

In the startling aftermath of X OF SWORDS, mutantkind will take the bold next step in claiming their destiny by relaunching the Sentient World Observation & Response Directorate to deal with all things extra-terrestrial on behalf of Earth. The events of this series will have a tremendous impact not only on the X-Men’s world but the Marvel Universe as a whole, as the mutants of S.W.O.R.D. warp the cosmic landscape forever. The stellar cast includes Magneto, Abigail Brand, Cable, Frenzy, Wiz-Kid, Fabian Cortez, former Avenger Manifold, and many other fan-favorite mutants who will be stepping into the spotlight in a major way.

Eim0HLaXcAEbbl5

rCHhd2W.jpg

Hz23HrY.jpg

KY4RgRl.jpg

giphy.gif

X-Terminators Wiz Kid?

Fabian Cortez!?

Seeing these names suddenly made me wonder about Artie and Leech, Rusty and Skids, folks like Madison Jeffries from Alpha Flight

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Ewing in Hickmanverse finally confirmed :blessed: and they already working on it with the end of XoS Creation.

X of Swords was more :lupe: than I was expecting.

Summoner with the most obvious betrayal in years :mjlol:

@Primetime RAW and Smackdwon byke breh.

He almost certainly feels that way now.

The cards showed it. It happened. It is known :wow:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Is Absolute Carnage worth buying? Not a big Carnage fan, but Venom is a favorite, so I would think he gets good screen time. Omnibus is only a bill (cheaper at a shop I go to), so I wouldn’t mind getting it in the future.
I thought it was one of the better events I've read in a while if you love the Donny Cates Venom run its a must buy. He actually writes a dope Carnage as well. :ehh:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Venom 28
I can't be the only one who thinks a crazy old Reed Richards is funny af. I love the team of Annies symbiotes I'm :dead: at Dylan looking at Cletus like didn't I just kill this guy. So Virus ended up being Mac Gargan makes sense even though I thought it was going to be Jack O Lantern. Codex being Dylan caught me off guard but it makes sense. I'm loving where this arc is going.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Never read any of Cates stuff (that I remember). I just bought his Thanos run, so I should get to it in the next few months.
Thanos wins is dope and the Cosmic ghost rider comic that spun out of it was dope too. I'd actually recommend the Venom run its been the best of Venom since the Rick Remender run.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Thanos wins is dope and the Cosmic ghost rider comic that spun out of it was dope too. I'd actually recommend the Venom run its been the best of Venom since the Rick Remender run.
Still haven’t read that one either (Remender). It’s on my radar, though. Hoping I’ll find the complete collection trade for cheap at a future con.