Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Read Death Metal and I know I shouldn't get my hopes up because this is definitely a Lucy yanking away the football from Charlie Brown situation but I still geeked out at this moment:

4xHUqQv.jpg

HqDZyYn.jpg

XEx6Jzy.jpg

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Death Metal

Didn't the whole Wonder Woman chainsaw thing come from that moba a few years back or was it in the books sooner. But anyway...guess this is gonna lead to another reset but not no 5G shyt

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Getting back into weekly comic reading is harder than I thought. I still haven't read any of the new books that came out yet, and some of them have been on hiatus so long I pretty much have to reread the previous issues to remember what happened. Only Justice League didn't have that problem because it finished its previous arc right before the shutdown and started a new one when books came out again (and this run is blatantly filler anyway).

Good thing is it's mostly only DC releasing new books right now, so I don't have a big Marvel and indie backlog too.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Static Co-Creator Denys Cowan Teases the Return of Milestone
In an exclusive interview with CBR, Denys Cowan -- the co-creator of Static -- teased the possible return of the fan-favorite Milestone Comics.

Eaz8lUcXsAE4FCV

For years, the founders of Milestone Media have hinted at the possible return of Milestone Comics. Now, Milestone co-founder Denys Cowan once again teased the resurgence of the Static-associated imprint.

In an interview with CBR, Cowan was asked about talks of the revival, to which he said, "As you know, we were involved in a lawsuit that everyone read about in the papers, if people care to read about that kind of stuff. Not everything that was printed was true, but there was still a situation. Well, that situation has been resolved to all parties' satisfaction. So we're all happy and the person that had an issue with us is happy. We're all together; we're all friends; we're all good. And DC and Milestone were going forward with their plans after a very long delay and, just when we were starting to pick up everything again, is when the pandemic hit."

"But that hasn't really stopped work from progressing," he continued. "I can't say anything really big right now, some of the stuff had already been announced a while ago, and we're still proceeding with a lot of those things. There's going to be some new things that are going to be announced. But for all people who are thinking about Milestone, we thank you for your continued patience. There will be stuff to see and there will be stuff to see relatively soon. And hopefully, people will be back on the Milestone bandwagon, and it'll be good because I think that now, it's needed more than ever."

The last time there was serious talk of a Milestone revival was in 2017 as Cowan, Reginald Hudlin and DC Publisher Jim Lee announced the return of the imprint's characters to the DC Universe at the New York Comic Con.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
My local comic book store closed this past week. Covid took em out. Mad sad. Luckily you brehs can keep me in da loop on new series and what’s going on in comics.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
In an exclusive interview with CBR, Denys Cowan -- the co-creator of Static -- teased the possible return of the fan-favorite Milestone Comics.

Eaz8lUcXsAE4FCV

For years, the founders of Milestone Media have hinted at the possible return of Milestone Comics. Now, Milestone co-founder Denys Cowan once again teased the resurgence of the Static-associated imprint.

In an interview with CBR, Cowan was asked about talks of the revival, to which he said, "As you know, we were involved in a lawsuit that everyone read about in the papers, if people care to read about that kind of stuff. Not everything that was printed was true, but there was still a situation. Well, that situation has been resolved to all parties' satisfaction. So we're all happy and the person that had an issue with us is happy. We're all together; we're all friends; we're all good. And DC and Milestone were going forward with their plans after a very long delay and, just when we were starting to pick up everything again, is when the pandemic hit."

"But that hasn't really stopped work from progressing," he continued. "I can't say anything really big right now, some of the stuff had already been announced a while ago, and we're still proceeding with a lot of those things. There's going to be some new things that are going to be announced. But for all people who are thinking about Milestone, we thank you for your continued patience. There will be stuff to see and there will be stuff to see relatively soon. And hopefully, people will be back on the Milestone bandwagon, and it'll be good because I think that now, it's needed more than ever."

The last time there was serious talk of a Milestone revival was in 2017 as Cowan, Reginald Hudlin and DC Publisher Jim Lee announced the return of the imprint's characters to the DC Universe at the New York Comic Con.

Yeah read something about this last night. Milestone still working with DC