Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Everything about this storyline was dumb.

If Kamala has inhuman ancestry on both sides, why did her parents need their memories wiped to forget her identity? :comeon:

And why the fukk can't they just get the treatment he needs from Krakoa? :mindblown:
Chill...

I love the character!
:wow:

i feel you tho

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Whatever happened to Mettle and Finesse?

And X-Force had a strong 3-4 year run tht started even before Remender (and Opena), with Kyle & Yost. Cyke was like "Let's get em" and it was good since...

Mettle died in that Battle Royale book.

Forgot what happened to Finesse.

The only one from that book who still is around is Hazmat

and yeah X-Force was running strong with Kyle&Yost. So it's had a damn good long run

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tat IDW TMNT is fire.

I started around issue 20 and stopped around 50-60, shyt is :banderas:

I recently bought issue 100 off GP but I wish I had got the rest,:francis: I had to pause on comics cause that shyt would fukk up my ability to save. nikka spent 60 a week on singles :snoop:.

The Northhampton arc was :mjcry:

idw_tmnt_northampton.jpg
Funny that you bring up the IDW TMNT comics because I was just thinking this morning that we should treat these MAGA supporters the way New York City is treating the mutanimals in the current arc.

All these Trump supporters that want the economy opened but don't want mandatory testing or PPE because of 'MUH FREEDUMS!' can be quarantined off in another part of the country and blocked off from the rest of us. :francis:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Funny that you bring up the IDW TMNT comics because I was just thinking this morning that we should treat these MAGA supporters the way New York City is treating the mutanimals in the current arc.

All these Trump supporters that want the economy opened but don't want mandatory testing or PPE because of 'MUH FREEDUMS!' can be quarantined off in another part of the country and blocked off from the rest of us. :francis:
:pachaha:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC releases digital-first comics:

DC Announces the Expansion of DC DIGITAL FIRST and the Addition of DC ESSENTIAL READS

These appear to be the same stories from the Walmart giants, but I guess it makes sense because they could get them out fast and it's probably the only thing they could put out without pissing anyone off. I read the Venditti Superman story and it was ok. It's a pretty action-packed one-and-done but it does end on a hook for the next issues. Wouldn't mind Venditti getting a short little Action Comics run once Bendis is done.

We also never discussed DC finding two new publishers and releasing new books to comic shops starting April 28:

DC RETURNS TO COMIC BOOK STORES TUESDAY, APRIL 28!

DC ANNOUNCES ITS RETURN TO COMIC BOOK STORES ON TUESDAY, APRIL 28

New DC Comic Books to be Available at Open and Operating Comic Book Retailers

DC comic books are returning to comic shops beginning Tuesday, April 28. After a four-week break, fans can celebrate that new superhero stories will be arriving at operating retail stores.

After surveying more than 2,000 stores across the U.S. and Canada, it became clear that many comic book store owners are finding new and creative ways to get books to the fans who want them. To find stores that may have the new titles, visit the comic shop locator webpage:

www.dccomics.com/comicshoptracker

Check the page often, as it will be updated with new retailers.

The new slate of titles includes (also available for digital purchase at participating digital retailers):

Tuesday, April 28:

• New Comic Books:
    • Batman #89 (3rd Printing)
      • Featuring the first appearance of Punchline!
    • Daphne Byrne #4
      • Daphne gains a new ally as she continues to wrestle with the malevolent forces within her.
    • The Dreaming #20
      • The unbelievable finale to Si Spurrier and Bilquis Evely’s epic tale from the Sandman Universe!
    • Nightwing #70 (2nd Printing)
      • The Clown Prince of Crime comes to Ric Grayson and Bludhaven in this prelude to The Joker War!
    • Batman GIANT #4
      • Classic stories from the world of The Dark Knight, plus an all-new chapter of the original story “Concrete Jungle,” by Mark Russell (Exit Stage Left: The Snagglepuss Chronicles) and Ryan Benjamin!
Tuesday, May 5:

Tuesday, May 12:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
We also never discussed DC finding two new publishers and releasing new books to comic shops starting April 28:

DC RETURNS TO COMIC BOOK STORES TUESDAY, APRIL 28!

There was a comic shop owner group on Facebook that went apeshyt when this news came out.
So many comic shop owners are stuck in a "This is the way we have always done it" mindset and are not open to being agile and adapting to the tiems we are living in.

These shops have customer pull lists where they can pull comics for their regulars; they can set up their websites with what is coming out to allow folks to make online orders that they can then do a curbside pickup service.

There are ways to deal with it other than whining about how DC is wrong for not waiting for Diamond to start shipping again.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was a comic shop owner group on Facebook that went apeshyt when this news came out.
So many comic shop owners are stuck in a "This is the way we have always done it" mindset and are not open to being agile and adapting to the tiems we are living in.

These shops have customer pull lists where they can pull comics for their regulars; they can set up their websites with what is coming out to allow folks to make online orders that they can then do a curbside pickup service.

There are ways to deal with it other than whining about how DC is wrong for not waiting for Diamond to start shipping again.

These LCS owners have been acting very weird and entitled during this whole ordeal.

First, DC tries to go ahead and release digital on April 1, saying that the digital and physical audiences are different, and it wouldn't do any damage to the LCS (which I agree with). The owners still complained, so they and the other publishers pushed their whole slates back a month.

Then Comic Hub emerged to try to keep the industry going, offering digital purchases with a code that could be redeemed for a physical copy at participating comic shops. A few publishers were on board, but the LCS complained, so they all backed out and Comic Hub was dead on arrival.

Then there was that open letter to the comic publishers where the LCS owners had all these demands from the industry. Some of them were fairly reasonable (returnable books, stop labeling one shots as new #1 issues), but some were absolutely ridiculous (delay digital and trades by several months, don't collect every issue in trade), which are not only stupid AF, but outright counterproductive to the growth of the industry as a whole.

Now after DC rightfully says they're tired of Diamond's fukkery and goes out of its way to find new distributors, the LCS owners are still mad because they have to do more work now... or something. I get some of them are in states that still have strict stay at home orders, but DC and the other publishers already lost a month's worth of sales to appease them. Are they supposed to wait forever?

This has taught me that a lot of these LCS owners don't really care about the growth of the industry. In fact they're the very thing holding it back, and they're doing so because they know they have no other way to compete.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Why are they trying to sell comics now tho

Comic shops are closed in a lot of places so DC trying to still sell comics to shops seems weird to me.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
These LCS owners have been acting very weird and entitled during this whole ordeal.

First, DC tries to go ahead and release digital on April 1, saying that the digital and physical audiences are different, and it wouldn't do any damage to the LCS (which I agree with). The owners still complained, so they and the other publishers pushed their whole slates back a month.

Then Comic Hub emerged to try to keep the industry going, offering digital purchases with a code that could be redeemed for a physical copy at participating comic shops. A few publishers were on board, but the LCS complained, so they all backed out and Comic Hub was dead on arrival.

Then there was that open letter to the comic publishers where the LCS owners had all these demands from the industry. Some of them were fairly reasonable (returnable books, stop labeling one shots as new #1 issues), but some were absolutely ridiculous (delay digital and trades by several months, don't collect every issue in trade), which are not only stupid AF, but outright counterproductive to the growth of the industry as a whole.

Now after DC rightfully says they're tired of Diamond's fukkery and goes out of its way to find new distributors, the LCS owners are still mad because they have to do more work now... or something. I get some of them are in states that still have strict stay at home orders, but DC and the other publishers already lost a month's worth of sales to appease them. Are they supposed to wait forever?

This has taught me that a lot of these LCS owners don't really care about the growth of the industry. In fact they're the very thing holding it back, and they're doing so because they know they have no other way to compete.

I understand this because the stability of their income is in the single issue. Giving the shops first rights helps their business. You walk into the shop to uy this weeks issue, you pick up a couple of other things. I don't think delaying digital by 1 or 2 weeks would effect the digital consumer. As for trades, everything doesn't need to be collected in trade. I agree with that. I have issues 1-10 piled up...why would I want to order trades of those same issues? Aside from some of the events, which probably should be released as trades only, or some out of print stuff, trades are uneccesary.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I sometimes forget that a lot of these comic shop owners are the same type of fan who bytches and moans about any changes to a made up character.

They are fanboys with an entitlement complex.