Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Excalibur is cool.
There just needs to be more mutant ass-hole-isms in these days.
It's way too late in the humanity game to be telling nikkas to "ease up!"

Nah.

:pachaha:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I think we had this discussion on here like... 5 years ago lol.. but the novelty of Bendis, i felt, wore off after Dark Reign/Seige.

Quick social experiment?

New Avengers arc
House of M
Secret Invasion
Illuminati
Dark Avengers
Dark Reign
Seige

^Rate each of these out of 10, and then do the same for:

Heroic Age Avengers arc
Age of Ultron
All New X-Men
Uncanny X-Men
GotG
Civil War II
Defenders

Not including solo runs, just team books and event books.

house of M being the catalyst of wandas current predicament means it will always be a shyt take

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
house of M being the catalyst of wandas current predicament means it will always be a shyt take
Wanda is a very special character and Bendis had a golden opportunity to elevate her but he used her as a scapegoat instead to ruin mutantkind and push his New Avengers dream team.

But the movie last year renewed that interest and that show is likely gonna push her into a more pivotal spot to be.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Hellions #1 :whoo: wasn't expecting to like this so much but this was a really fun read. Not sure how long I'll stayed engaged but they have my attention for the time being. "Human solutions don't work on this dudes and it's their mutant powers that make them a danger...so let's hear what Sinister has to say" seems like a very dumb decision but hey, they are trying to be innovative,lol.

Giant Size Nightcrawler was meh. I thought we were getting Kurt trying to star his religion as he said in the main book but this was a one shot story....it did have THAT confirmation/revelation though :lupe: :damn:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Wanda is just another friendly reminder that a superheroine's relevance in comics is often tied to the male she's fukking. :manny:

Brehettes either need to get on that casting couch and hope Logan/Pete/Scott/Matt/etc are free, or hope you win the Carol sweepstakes of being the token chosen one to combat accusations of a misogynist female-objectifying sausage-fest industry.

In Wanda's case, they never have anything for her bc Vision is considered one-note and nobody cares about Jericho. But they'll break her up with Jericho and give her an mcu-syngery dolo series with vision to tie into her show, before they forget about her again. womp womp

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I looked at the Star book btw. Making Black Swan just another black order goon post-Secret Wars is simply lazy writing. It's been 4 years, and it's still lazy writing.

But i think this was the most agency i've seen her show on panel since before the Illuminati saw her murdering alternate versions of Manifold back in 2015

parallax

Superstar
Daps
xmen vs ff proves what ive been saying about doom all along. doom is at his best when arching on the first family. those digs at reed wouldnt have been as powerful coming from anyone else

Wanda is just another friendly reminder that a superheroine's relevance in comics is often tied to the male she's fukking. :manny:

Brehettes either need to get on that casting couch and hope Logan/Pete/Scott/Matt/etc are free, or hope you win the Carol sweepstakes of being the token chosen one to combat accusations of a misogynist female-objectifying sausage-fest industry.

In Wanda's case, they never have anything for her bc Vision is considered one-note and nobody cares about Jericho. But they'll break her up with Jericho and give her an mcu-syngery dolo series with vision to tie into her show, before they forget about her again. womp womp

she didnt need to be relevant. the only reason she was involved in all that shyt is because she was mags daughter. if her version of west coast avengers was still going with that will they wont they relationship between her vision and wonder man, id be happy. hell you could throw drumm in there to mix it up. but this great monster shyt is crazy, especially given the wolves that freely walk among the sheep unchecked on krakoa

Hellions #1 :whoo: wasn't expecting to like this so much but this was a really fun read. Not sure how long I'll stayed engaged but they have my attention for the time being. "Human solutions don't work on this dudes and it's their mutant powers that make them a danger...so let's hear what Sinister has to say" seems like a very dumb decision but hey, they are trying to be innovative,lol.

Giant Size Nightcrawler was meh. I thought we were getting Kurt trying to star his religion as he said in the main book but this was a one shot story....it did have THAT confirmation/revelation though :lupe: :damn:

so they only try to supress mutant powers when their a hindrance to others, and not when their a hindrance to themselves? also, when did the counsel become majority villain?

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So after today MARVEL comics is shutting down for a minute cause of the Coronas???

:gucci:
They all are. Diamond's not shipping any books, and creators have been told to stop working.

Outside of a few top name writers at the big two and creator-owned stuff, expect a lot of books to either be canceled or come back with entirely new creative teams when this is all over.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
They all are. Diamond's not shipping any books, and creators have been told to stop working.

Outside of a few top name writers at the big two and creator-owned stuff, expect a lot of books to either be canceled or come back with entirely new creative teams when this is all over.
:beli:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps

I didn't even think about the comic book industry being affected.
If we are being honest, the comic book store format has been outdated for a while and is the only reason the digital copies are so expensive.
Maybe its time for a change. Take a hint from the music industry and have a subscription based comicbook service going forward.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Hellions was one of my favorite books of the week.