Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
That Xemnu shyt is a mindfukk.

I knew about Xemnu cause I spent umpteen years tracking down collecting and reading copies of "The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe" in every incarnation, and read his entry

(It's actually where my love for obscure characters comes from)

Seeing dude in action though....

that's something else entirely. :lupe:

Although it's prolly a beat to death trope at this point, his comment about smartphones being miniature TVs was kinda chilling. Especially with Xemnu's powerset.

It seems like Marvel's main writers are really digging into continuity to find interesting things to write about.... something else I been complaining about for who knows how long.

Never hire a person to write a book if they gotta research. Always hire fanboys and neckbeards.
The reveal of Green Scar/ World Breaker personality coming back was great to see as well. Ewing seems to be filtering the whole continuity of Hulk comics and funneling them through his horror lens.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
The reveal of Green Scar/ World Breaker personality coming back was great to see as well. Ewing seems to be filtering the whole continuity of Hulk comics and funneling them through his horror lens.

Its really interesting because
the only reason Banner is immune is because he has Multiple Personality Disorder.

What I DONT LIKE is
Ewing treating a trans person like they have Multiple Personality Disorder, and Doc Samson, one of the few spotlighted psychiatrists (the other two being Moonstone and Dr. Malus) being like ":ohhh: OMG it makes sense."

Now....

Watch Doc Samson be Gay :mjlol::francis:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

I knew about Xemnu cause I spent umpteen years tracking down collecting and reading copies of "The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe" in every incarnation, and read his entry

Although it's prolly a beat to death trope at this point, his comment about smartphones being miniature TVs was kinda chilling. Especially with Xemnu's powerset.

It seems like Marvel's main writers are really digging into continuity to find interesting things to write about.... something else I been complaining about for who knows how long.

Never hire a person to write a book if they gotta research. Always hire fanboys and neckbeards.

you gotta lotta characters in marvel that haven't been used often or hell in years/decades.

smartest thing to do.. definitely would help increase the villain count

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
you gotta lotta characters in marvel that haven't been used often or hell in years/decades.

smartest thing to do.. definitely would help increase the villain count

I think Marvel's biggest fault in doing this in recent years was trying to make EVERY villain a major one and having and "event" cause they showed up

And if there wasn't an "event", they made them a behind the scenes good guy,

When that villain didn't stick, they ignored the major event.

I swear we had like 4 major villains over 15 years and they were in everybody's stories

parallax

Superstar
Daps
:heh: I could talk about two instances, but you're right. I'ma leave it alone :hubie:

true. but at least the worldstorm were in a separate continuity. now that the gloves are off, theres nothing stopping them from just saying fukk it.

its kinda crazy how huge green scar is compared to devil hulk

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Its really interesting because
the only reason Banner is immune is because he has Multiple Personality Disorder.

What I DONT LIKE is
Ewing treating a trans person like they have Multiple Personality Disorder, and Doc Samson, one of the few spotlighted psychiatrists (the other two being Moonstone and Dr. Malus) being like ":ohhh: OMG it makes sense."

Now....

Watch Doc Samson be Gay :mjlol::francis:

banners not immune, hes becoming exactly what xenmu wants him to. its the hulks that are

as for doc, that wouldnt suprise me in the slightest

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Took him like 6 years to finish the last 2 issues of SHIELD. Isn't East of West on hiatus? or did it finish? Isn't there another Image book he has on hiatus? :hhh:
The one with the black detective and the wall street demons

Something something monday murders.

Hickman has ADHD

Or really, he just likes anything that allows him to segue into the all white transition page with made-up rorschach inkblot symbols and endless paragraphs of text explaining shyt that ultimately wouldn't matter because he'll be forced to rush everything to an ultimately unsatisfying ending... assuming it even gets to an end.

Hickmcmahon da gawd :wow:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

The OG Hulk came back to claim his name in the most evil way possible. Looking all deceptively cuddly and shyt.

I like what Al Ewing is doing with Xemnu because he has made him actually scary which is crazy because my most prominent memories of Xemnu was when he was trying to make She-Hulk into his furry bride in John Byrne's purely comedy She-Hulk run.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think Marvel's biggest fault in doing this in recent years was trying to make EVERY villain a major one and having and "event" cause they showed up

And if there wasn't an "event", they made them a behind the scenes good guy,

When that villain didn't stick, they ignored the major event.

I swear we had like 4 major villains over 15 years and they were in everybody's stories
What was the one event from a few years ago where they tried to make The Orb into some cosmic major deal?

The Orb is a stunt cyclist who wears a big eyeball helmet that shoots laser beams. That is joyously hokey comic book nonsense and needs to be protected at all costs.