Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Immortal Hulk got things back on track. It was waning a little the past few issues but this issue is nutso. Hulk really is the strongest.

Daredevil is amazing as always.

House of X was cool. I keep feeling like we're not getting the whole story and its already over.

Next week:

Warren Ellis is writing The Batman's Grave. His Moon Knight run was great and now he gets to write the actual Batman.

Dr. Doom has his own series. I'll buy but I'm not expecting much from the previews I saw.

East Of West finally comes back.

These Savage Shores is supposed to return too.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Immortal Hulk 24 was INSANE :damn:

The Absolute Carnage Immortal Hulk tie-in was dope af. :wow:

House of X 6 was a dope conclusion can't wait for Powers next week.

Hulk killed Franklin Richards?!

In the History of Marvel books it has Franklin talking to Galactus at the end of everything. It's gonna be real interesting to see how this all ties together.

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
some new shyt i got a few days ago.
got that Infamous Iron Man Legends joint too somewhere.

Zyj37MT.jpg
I see you got the retro dazzler on deck. I still can't find the retro vintage Storm nowhere :unimpressed:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I see you got the retro dazzler on deck. I still can't find the retro vintage Storm nowhere :unimpressed:
They actually had her at Duane Reade.
You talking about the 90s X-Men joint with the white costume??

Yeah that was there. And the savage Wolverine shyt.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
NYCC 2019 pickups

Original Conan
HelaTcR.jpg

Ki8vrLL.jpg

Commission I requested of a scene from Point Blank. Peralta is really talented and very cool guy
Wasnt expensive at all and came out great. Gonna use him again for sure

SipFJVa.jpg

CkJIU4r.jpg

Doom commission
aXFMWHN.jpg

IcAwW20.jpg

Darkseid commission:wow:
NinBtsE.jpg

3B9PaNo.jpg

James Silvani.
3gg2zTO.jpg

Mister Miracle original
nNEntv3.jpg

ZMSfGke.jpg

The Ribic commission coming soon:youngsabo:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
X Panel
White says that POX #6 will not undo any sort of status quo from this series.

"Mutants are not dying anymore..." - White

X-MEN:
Cyclops will be handpicking people for the missions that he needs to go on, according to White.
Hickman considers any X-Men character to be on the board to be part of this book according to Cebulski.
You never know which X-Men will show up.
In issue 5, the X-Men will be going to a world economic summit.

Fans will be able to get a pack of trading cards at the Dawn of X launch parties at their local comics shops.
They will include secret messages in Krakoan.

Marauders:
Maruaders will see Kitty Pryde and her crew working under the Hellfire Trading Company.
White promises a lot of Emma Frost content in the book as well.

“It’s a much bigger book than we’ve let on.” – Gerry Duggan

“If you want to know where the #XMen are going the next few years you need to read this book.” – Hickman

Hickman says that Duggan's Marauders is the book in Dawn of X that ties the most into the future of the X-Men

“She’s arguably the most powerful person on Krakoa.” – Hickman on Emma Frost

"If you like your comics to come from a close-knit kind of universe, this is the most connected the X-books have been in a long time." - Hickman
"I think everyone collaborating on these books is really bringing something special." - Duggan

EXCALIBUR:
Howard said that Hickman's ideas immediately spoke to the idea of mutants building things that cultures aren't able to until they are able to flourish.

"They can make art and magic and that's what this is the story of. It's also the story of Betsy Braddock who has recently been divorced from a body that wasn't hers and is kind of adrift on the isle of Krakoa..." - Howard

Howard says that she's getting to work with a lot of characters she loves and "one real big blue jerk."

Howard says her book has a journey for Apocalypse as well.
She talks about Marcus To as akin to Alan Davis in the kinds of things he's able to do on the page. When developing the characters she sent him a lot of reference from waterhouse paintings to Revolutionary Girl Utena
"Girls with swords, it's the mood." - Howard

X-FORCE

Percy said he sees this book as a push and pull between the Head and the Fist of mutant special forces of Krakoa.

Percy says that the isle of Krakoa allows them to weave more biotech into the weaponry.

NEW MUTANTS

Brisson says that Bobby is going to go out into space, teaming up with the Starjammers to bring Cannonball back to Krakoa.

"The New Mutants will be acting as sort of a welcoming committee for mutants that come to Krakoa back on Earth." - Brisson

"We're finding new and interesting ways to utilize characters that make them cooler." - Brisson

FALLEN ANGELS

Kwannon will be the big focus of the book. She'll take the name Psylocke.

It's going to explore how characters like X-23, Kwannon and Cable are uncomfortable on Krakoa.

Husk and Bling will join the Fallen Angels team.

FAN QUESTIONS
Will Martha get body back?
White says she could get her body back if she so chooses but maybe she likes being a brain.

A fan wants to know who killed Jean Grey in New X-Men, Xorn or Magneto?
White says that it was Xorn pretending to be Magneto at this point after so many years of different stories. "As of right this second, it is definitely Xorn." - White

Next question, will we see Franklin or Valeria on Krakoa.
White says that yes, there will be a comic that addresses that.

The next question is about whether or not we'll see more about Gambit being a clone of Sinister. White says that it's an alternate future and so at this point, White doesn't think Gambit is a clone of Sinister in the main continuity

A fan asks about Molly Hayes being on Krakoa. White says that something they'd have to talk to Runaways about.

A fan demands an X-Factor book by Peter David. Howard says that she loves X-Factor Investigations but Peter David would have to pry Rictor from her "bony, little fingers."

A fan asks if the resurrection process shown in HOX/POX was borrowed from the Venture Bros. White says that Hickman has drawn from a lot of different influences so any similarity is probably incidental.

A fan asks if we'll see more X-23 in X-Force. Percy says yes.

The next question is about Moira's involvement moving forward. White says we'll learn more in Powers of X #6 but after that Moira will be a presence but not one we see every single week.

A fan asks about Anole's difference in arm size. White confirms that it was a continuity mistake.

The follow up is about whether or not Inhumans will factor into anything. White says they are part of mutant history so we will probably see something

A fan asks how this is different from Genosha or Utopia. White says that they've set themselves up better this time but there will still be a struggle.

Wolverine by Benjamin Percy and Adam Kubert has been confirmed!

"I couldn't be more eager to put my own slash mark on this legacy character joined by Adam Kubert." - Percy