Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Immortal Hulk has me friending for more, one of two series that has actually caught me in terms of recent years instead of me waiting for completed sets.

Also X-Men Red is flames, but I'm getting tired of Cassandra Nova tbh. Was never that a fan of that villain.
I enjoyed both books.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
how do you read your comics breh
Readler App
uco4dbT.jpg

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Was Super Sons any good?

Figured I'd get the first two volumes since they're on sale on Comixoligy.
Really awesome book. I am surprised this doesn't/didn't get more love on here.

Looking back Kong's whole run is milquetoast. Snyder did a better job.
Nah, Snyder has this shytty habit of doing a bunch of extra shyt and tell overblown stories. King is doing wonders bringing villains like the Joker back to basics and telling direct stories. His dialog can be very clinical and artificial, which I'll admit is not for everyone, but the man does know how to get your attention and keep you hooked.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Really awesome book. I am surprised this doesn't/didn't get more love on here.

Nah, Snyder has this shytty habit of doing a bunch of extra shyt and tell overblown stories. King is doing wonders bringing villains like the Joker back to basics and telling direct stories. His dialog can be very clinical and artificial, which I'll admit is not for everyone, but the man does know how to get your attention and keep you hooked.
Agree to disagree.

MikeBarnes

aka thejackroller, Jack Brannigan, Jack Birdbath
Daps
Speaking of King, Mister Miracle's next issue can't come soon enough.
The negotiations are tense but nothing crazy. You almost get relaxed and then that ending hits. Scott is going to stop being emo and go full blown evil god. I expect more of him from that flash where he tells Kalibak he's Granny-born and doesn't waste time with the dead - only this time he'll be sincere. And Barda wanted to kill Kalibak before that last bullet point. She's gonna have fully stocked bone wine cellar after she's done.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been on a massive DC binge lately. In the past two weeks I've copped

Aquaman vol 3-4
Batman vol 4-5
Batman/The Flash
Detective Comics vol 4-5
Flash vol 4-5
Justice League/Power Rangers
New Teen Titans by Wolfman and Perez book 1
Teen Titans vol 1-2
Teen Titans by Geoff Johns book 1
Young Justice by Peter David book 1-2

Flash is the one of my favorite DC books right now. Can't wait to get to Flash War.

I avoided this Teen Titans run because I wasn't interested in a Damian-led team, but I was very impressed by the first volume. So much so I immediately bought vol 2. I liked Benjamin Percy's run on Green Arrow, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised I liked this.

Young Justice is a series I've tried to read many times over the years and could never get into it, but I figured I'd take advantage of these Comixology sales, so I'll give it another chance.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Anyone reading A Walk Through Hell? It's by Garth Ennis and the 2nd issue dropped this week. This book is :whew:

And I am not the biggest Mark Millar fan in the world but his new book The Magic Order came out this week and it was really good. The story is interesting and Olivier Coipel's art has never looked as good as in this single issue.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Speaking of King, Mister Miracle's next issue can't come soon enough.
The negotiations are tense but nothing crazy. You almost get relaxed and then that ending hits. Scott is going to stop being emo and go full blown evil god. I expect more of him from that flash where he tells Kalibak he's Granny-born and doesn't waste time with the dead - only this time he'll be sincere. And Barda wanted to kill Kalibak before that last bullet point. She's gonna have fully stocked bone wine cellar after she's done.
All this build-up is killing me. Darkseid is. :lupe: