Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I might be the only one who thinks Morrison is overrated. :ld:
No, I feel the same. He's had some classic runs (JLA, Animal Man), but most of his stuff over the last decade hasn't been great to me (Final Crisis, Batman).

I also never could get into All Star Superman, but I know that's one of the most beloved Superman stories.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
No, I feel the same. He's had some classic runs (JLA, Animal Man), but most of his stuff over the last decade hasn't been great to me (Final Crisis, Batman).

I also never could get into All Star Superman, but I know that's one of the most beloved Superman stories.
I only read the Darkseid story he did in JLA (Rock of Ages?). It was all right.

FC was wack. The idea was all right, but the execution was meh.

Batman was whatever. I didn't read the Batman and Robin series tho.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

Loved All star. Don't care for anything else he has done. Snyder is a better Batman writer than he is. Batman and Robin was good but not enough to offest the Batman RIP garbage.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I heard Jokes And Riddles was amazing and one of my favorite artists is on it

I might just skip this, tho :mjlol:
Jokes and Riddles is a bit over rated, imo. I liked the Booster Gold arc much better even though I thought the ending was a bit weak.
I'm on the fence with the marriage arc. Sometimes I find myself struggling to read though some of Tom Kings writing. I did like the DC Nation Joker story and this current issue a lot though

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I heard Jokes And Riddles was amazing and one of my favorite artists is on it

I might just skip this, tho :mjlol:
You should give it a look...Tom King is nailing the Joker's psychotic obsession with Batman and how the idea of Batman getting married is making his crazy ass go even further over the edge.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Jokes and Riddles is a bit over rated, imo. I liked the Booster Gold arc much better even though I thought the ending was a bit weak.
I'm on the fence with the marriage arc. Sometimes I find myself struggling to read though some of Tom Kings writing. I did like the DC Nation Joker story and this current issue a lot though
I have found that most of King's work reads better collected than as single issues.
His Batman is probably the first time that his monthly stuff has really worked for me. Even as much as I love The Vision that book is so much better as a graphic novel than it was as a monthly book.