Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
Question for those that have international travel experience:

For people that haven't done it before, do you recommend going to US territories first or even Hawaii? Just to get used to traveling abroad?

If you've never traveled before then yea, a domestic trip(s) would be good just to familiarize yourself with the process of traveling. On the flip, there are international destinations that are cheaper than domestic ones :manny:. Plus there are some destinations that are close that give you an international feel without being too far (e.g. Quebec, Mexico)

The main difference you'll encounter with the process of international travel is gonna be language, currency, visas (if needed), and customs at the airport. Other than that, it's pretty much the same.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
take some short trips, Ny to Mia, LA to Seattle, etc you need to get used to flying before you hop on the 15 hour joint to dubai bro, you will be exhausted if you dont have the habit of air travel. other than that you good to go.
Damn@15 hours. My longest flight was 7 hours...Raleigh to Seattle.
Go in breh
My first trip alone I went to cuba, and I loved it.
I read this article a couple of weeks ago that had me intrigued about Cube: Why African Americans Should Be 1st in Line to Cuba

Where are you thinking of traveling internationally?
Ghana.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Damn@15 hours. My longest flight was 7 hours...Raleigh to Seattle.

I read this article a couple of weeks ago that had me intrigued about Cube: Why African Americans Should Be 1st in Line to Cuba

Ghana.

There's nothing in the US that will really prepare you for the culture shock of Ghana, I'd say to just jump in, get down with some facebook groups and find a reputable local tour guide over there to show you around on the first day or two.

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
I did a quick search and it looks like the weather in October will be comparable to the avg temp in the states around that time. The beaches might still be poppin so keep that in mind.

As far as the bullfights, I'm pretty sure you have to go outside of the city for that. As far as I know they banned bullfights in the city a while ago. There is a mall that's located in a converted former bullfighting stadium that's worth checking out. You can go to the roof and see a view of the whole city.

What else you looking to do?

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Booked mine a couple weeks back for Christmas/New Years time. Where you staying/going out there? Decided to flip Italy with Colombia since I decided Australia wasn't the move this year, and I'm heading back to Italy next year. So Italy is Thanksgiving now, and Colombia after that. So hype, but the anticipation got me sitting around like :sadcam:

I'm going to be working in Sicily in a few months hopefully sooner, I'm counting the days. What part are you going too?

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Question for those that have international travel experience:

For people that haven't done it before, do you recommend going to US territories first or even Hawaii? Just to get used to traveling abroad?

There's nothing in the US that will really prepare you for the culture shock of Ghana, I'd say to just jump in, get down with some facebook groups and find a reputable local tour guide over there to show you around on the first day or two.

Up in the air and nomadness arevsone good groups to join on FB, really helpful

Sir

Pro
Daps
I'm going to be working in Sicily in a few months hopefully sooner, I'm counting the days. What part are you going too?
Going to rent a car and drive down the west coast of the country for 2 weeks. Starting in Genoa and at least going down to Naples. Might head further on down to Sicily, but that's still up in the air.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
  • I might just make it to Oktoberfest brehs, if I do I'll let yall know

• Working on also getting a week off in late October to watch PSG v. Real Madrid in Paris for there Champions League match

• Still looking into a quick central America trip. Mentioned El Salvador to my 2 El Salvadorian coworkers, they quickly looked at me like :martin: 'is you trying to come up missing?' I'm not stupid tho. Ill cab it to san Salvador and a great local eatery for some amazing Pupusas. Then straight to the beach for 2 nights. I still might do it. I like the fact that there beaches aren't as crowded as say Costa Ricas and its cheaper.

• Oh just an FYI fam, my other traveling folk who are Pacific Islanders actually went to Costa Rica. Said its more beautiful than Hawaii, and these are Polynesians that said that. I might have too. Its not cheap there tho like the rest of central America

• Wanted to do Brazil, but the SF consulate is still mad backed up for visas. Throw in the fact that there is a 45+ day wait with no guarantee andddddd the visas are only good for 90 days. Kinda hard to plan around that

• What are everyones plans for New Years that wont be caked up? Snapchat really inspired me last year with there Snaps from all the major cities. My big 4 are currently Seoul, NYC, Reykjavik, and Hong Kong

baller4ever85

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
KCMO
Welp, my first European adventure will be to Paris and Barcelona starting October 2nd. Anybody been? Mainly, I want info on Barcelona.
I went to Paris and Barcelona solo in March. Barcelona is a nice very lively city, not a lot black people out there so be prepared for that. Its not a very big city area wise so its easy to get around, I suggest using the aerobus from the airport, costs only like 6 euros and takes you to the city center in la placa de catalunia and catch a cab from there(taxi from paris airport(CDG) to my hotel by the eiffel tower in Paris cost 70 Euros). oh yea remeber they speak catalan but spanish is the official language, they got catalan flags everywhere. definetly go to the la sagrada la familia and go up to the towers to get wonderful views of Barcelona, and even if you're not a soccer fan I highly suggest doing the Camp Nou tour, its really amazing and you get to see a lot of the stadium and a lot of the teams history. Oh yea they have a main plaza called Las Ramblas thats really crowded and supposedly thats where a lot of pickpockets are at but I never saw any there. they have lots of nightlife, there was one hip hop club i was told to go to by the hotel but i forget the name of it. you'll enjoy it tho no doubt.
camp_nou.jpg

barcelona.jpg

Last edited: