Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
Which part of London will you visiting, do you have family or friends here ?

I'm gonna be staying in Kensington. I know some friends of friends in the city so I I don't think I'll be completely out of the loop. I usually travel by myself anyway so in the event I don't get to link with them I'd like to have an idea of some spots to hit. I do know I wanna see what's crackin in Brixton and East London.

I'm tryna find me a lil Guyanese M.I.A. look-a-like while I'm out there :youngsabo:

Sir

Pro
Daps
scared.gif

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
so we can go to Cuba now, but not in the same way we want to.. what yall think about this?

Travel to Cuba: 7 things Americans should know - CNN.com

Americans are still not allowed to visit Cuba for the purposes of tourism.
Travelers should be able to show their visit helped the Cuban people or had an educational component to it.

Soaking up rays on the beach and sipping mojitos doesn't cut it. That said, there doesn't appear to be much of an effort by U.S. government officials to determine who did or didn't hit the beach or go nightclub hopping in Cuba.

Cuba is really not ready to receive a huge influx of visitors, particularly from the United States. There are not enough good hotels, and infrastructure is in terrible shape. U.S. credit cards still aren't accepted in Cuba and forget about overseas roaming on your U.S. cell phone.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/17/travel/cuba-travel-feat/index.html#

You will most likely be taking a vacation from the Internet, too. Apart from hotels and a few dozen Cuban government "hot spots," there is very little connectivity in Cuba. Netflix may be available here now but in reality you won't be catching up on your favorite shows.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Is Delta going out of business or some shyt? All their flights right now are dirt cheap.

The price of oil has gone down significantly effecting prices, couple that with the fact that delta also has there own refinery...cheap prices. Also competition breeds cheap flights so u must be looming at a high density route

Cool site

I still aint been 1st class yet, only business
:sadcam:

Remenber, 1st class exists only domestically for U.S. carriers. International 1st class are used on the likes of the ME3 (Emirates, Qatar, Eithiad), Singapore, Cathey Pacific, Japan Airlines...
You'll notice 1st class are getting standardized as suites now while business class as pods. In the end, the only way people are reaching the mile high club now is thru 1st class. But don't get it twisted, business class is still legit with lay flat seats so save ur money.

so we can go to Cuba now, but not in the same way we want to.. what yall think about this?

It's the same as its always been. Go thru a middle country, i.e. Mexico Canada or Jamaica and they won't stamp ur passport. I've been wanting to go but it's not cheap. But I promise I will be there within the next year before the American tourist rush.

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone

1. Go through another country.
2. Stay at a Casa Particular instead of a hotel. They are building hotels right now but the halfway decent ones are not worth the price imo.
3. Try to stay near a hotel with wifi of its that important. Depending on where you go, internet cards aren't too expensive and the speed is pretty :leon:
4. The government really doesn't give a fukk like that. If you're really paranoid, apply for global entry so you won't have to deal with passport control.

Rayzah

Daps
I'm leaving for Thailand tomorrow night, two weeks there then 3 days in Addis Ababa:win:... Anybody here been? whats some places you have to check out

Last edited:

Rayzah

Daps
Naw, I want to go..but, no phone? No card use? Naw, they about 5 yrs away from having any tourist set ups

I'm in Qatar now, and most places here don't accept credit cards, atleast not American cards, and the ones that do have to be visa..

Rayzah

Daps
I've been trying to get back over there. If you don't mind me asking what do you do? I see you're getting oil money.
lol, that was all I could think of... I am a IT contractor, honestly the money aint what it used to be over here, but it is tax free and all expenses paid...

But I will be out of here in a few months, I took a job in Italy.... What did you do over here, Millitary?

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Last edited: