Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
5-star-hotel-Venice-Italy-Centurion-Palace.jpg

202_ES-BCN-2957900-MK1690596333.jpeg

Hilton travel brehs, Hilton recently acquired the Small Luxury Hotels brand, which are made up of high end boutique hotels all over the world. I was able to book free stays at these 5 star hotels for my trip this week to Barcelona and Venice using points.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
What did I learn during my first time in Japan (Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Kobe) and Korea (Seoul)?

-Shogun was right. We are barbarians compared to them.
-You are given a hand towel/napkin any and every time you order food/drink. 7-11, Omakase, street food, restaurant, doesn't matter. Clean your hands before eating.
-No one jaywalks or crosses the street if the light is red. Then when it turns green, birds chirp. Crosswalk posts have little speakers.
-I did not hear ONE SINGLE CAR HONK the 2 weeks I was there. Blew my mind.
-In the same vein, the subway is dead silent. Chuckled internally remembering the wild shyt I've seen/heard in the NY subway
-They got umbrella sharing. Couple of coins, pick up an umbrella, drop it off at the next spot when you're done.
-Was with a Latina chick in Seoul and we got the foreigner treatment coming out of the Lotte Sky tower. 4 available cabs drove right past us to pick up Korean passengers. I asked her if they had cancel culture, or prog, anti-racist campaigns and she said they laugh at that shyt. "The Koreans, Chinese, and Japanese all hate each other. What does that leave for the rest of us?"
-Shinkansen bullet train. JR rail. Light years ahead of our bullshyt Amtrak and Brightline.
-They DGAF about Americans or the English language. Service staff will talk a mile a minute in their language and if you don't know it, that's your problem.
-In general, Japanese women are ironing board flat. Koreans have a bit more thickness (not hard compared to J-chicks). Can count the number of decent asses I saw on one hand.

Travel brehs

Layover in Instabul. Turkish Airlines has this touristanbul where they pack you into a bus to drive past some sights. Airport is a good hour from the city.

Tokyo

How did you communicate?

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
How did you communicate?
Phone translate. I shipped my luggage from Tokyo to Osaka and the whole transaction was done on the phone, typing back and forth. Most restaurants have pic menus or you order via QR code. A few heads came up to me to practice their English, which was great for me so I could ask how do I get to so and so.