Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
dahellhazmat.png

Just finised The Dark and The Wicked, be back with a review

:ehh:
Lmaoffff - that smiley gets me every time. Sinus allergies were killing me, I took a 4 hr nap today and feel much better. But now I’m going to be up all night - the cycle continues. Figuring out what horror movies I should watch tonight.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Lmaoffff - that smiley gets me every time. Sinus allergies were killing me, I took a 4 hr nap today and feel much better. But now I’m going to be up all night - the cycle continues. Figuring out what horror movies I should watch tonight.

good you are better, I'm about to get started on this \/ :demonic:

71knMEIEqIL._SL1500_.jpg

giphy.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So I just got to one of the gut punches in the dark and the wicked :damn:

This shyt is unrelenting in its dread and nihilism. Just oppressive from start to finish
Every horror movie that I’ve watched lately is gloomy, ominous and depressing as hell. That’s the new theme of horror. I think the cycle has been 90s: ghosts and apparitions. Early 2000s- red neck slashers (wrong turn, hills have eyes, house of wax) and Asian horror remakes . Mid 2000s: paranormal, and hauntings (conjuring, paranormal activity, insidious. Late 2000s: Found Footage
And Demonic Possession. 2019- Current: Psychological torture and Mind Control; Remakes and Reboots

the happier days of cut off limbs and dramatic shock reacts are overdue:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Every horror movie that I’ve watched lately is gloomy, ominous and depressing as hell. That’s the new theme of horror. I think the cycle has been 90s: ghosts and apparitions. Early 2000s- red neck slashers (wrong turn, hills have eyes, house of wax) and Asian horror remakes . Mid 2000s: paranormal, and hauntings (conjuring, paranormal activity, insidious. Late 2000s: Found Footage
And Demonic Possession. 2019- Current: Psychological torture and Mind Control; Remakes and Reboots

the happier days of cut off limbs and dramatic shock reacts are overdue:

Yeah the 90s was pretty nihilistic till scream. Early 2000s definitely was. You’re leaving out saw and hostel and the slew of imitators where we watched people getting cut up and tortured. Those flicks weren’t fun lol.

Bertino traffics in this though. I love the strangers and this is more of the same. Don’t think it’s as good but it’s still fantastic

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah the 90s was pretty nihilistic till scream. Early 2000s definitely was. You’re leaving out saw and hostel and the slew of imitators where we watched people getting cut up and tortured. Those flicks weren’t fun lol.

Bertino traffics in this though. I love the strangers and this is more of the same. Don’t think it’s as good but it’s still fantastic
No I don’t mean “fun” in the general sense, that was a joke - what I meant was a cut and dry ending with a clearly defined murderer instead of the inner conflict mental spiral where we’re left wondering was it inner demons or was there really an active presence manipulating the characters. Like Saw - we know the antagonist but Final Destination it was “death’s design” whereas more movies are taking the The Outsider, Evil or The Others, “haunting presence” personified by a demonic figure approach

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No I don’t mean “fun” in the general sense, that was a joke - what I meant was a cut and dry ending with a clearly defined murderer instead of the inner conflict mental spiral where we’re left wondering was it inner demons or was there really an active presence manipulating the characters. Like Saw - we know the antagonist but Final Destination it was “death’s design” whereas more movies are taking the The Outsider, Evil or The Others, “haunting presence” personified by a demonic figure approach
Yeah it’s more remixing of the slasher subgenre with something like the dark and the wicked. Cause it is still is a home invasion movie just with Satan which is kinda ingenious. It follows the same tropes.