Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps

This is wild. You know I'm an avid anime watcher.
I've even watched Perfect Blue and Parasyte. But for some reason I never connected them as horror.
I don't know why since looking back and thinking about both movie and series, the connection is obvious to see.
I guess I got to rewatch both some time in the future with a different lens.

Wicked city also have a live action movie inadditin to an anime. Great flick to watch high(or sober)

Yeah I'm a check out the Wicked City collection this weekend.

Wild how there is a live adaption lmao!

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I believe God was trying to prevent me from watching the Friday the 13th film (2009) on HBOMax. That shyt was buffering so much on the PS4.
I liked how the movie starts with a flashback explaining to us what happened in the series-- something I always hate in films-- and then proceeds to have a present scene where random teenagers around a campfire proceeds to once again explain what the series is about :beli:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I've been watching AHS since last month starting with 1984 and Cult. I just finished Apocalypse and that shyt was great. I really wish I watched it when I was airing:francis:

Need to watch 1 & 3 again then watch the other seasons that I never watched.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I've been watching AHS since last month starting with 1984 and Cult. I just finished Apocalypse and that shyt was great. I really wish I watched it when I was airing:francis:

Need to watch 1 & 3 again then watch the other seasons that I never watched.

yeah, I stoped at S4, I realized I had 10 more seasons to go ( I think ), I just said fukk it and tapped out lol

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
This is wild. You know I'm an avid anime watcher.
I've even watched Perfect Blue and Parasyte. But for some reason I never connected them as horror.
I don't know why since looking back and thinking about both movie and series, the connection is obvious to see.
I guess I got to rewatch both some time in the future with a different lens.

Yeah I'm a check out the Wicked City collection this weekend.

Wild how there is a live adaption lmao!

will check that out , thanks

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Copped just because
8138cfgtdmL._SY445_.jpg

Yall know my Slogan? ..Get Blumhouse the fukk outa here!!

FirsthandRemoteCicada-small.gif

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
There are a lot of horror anime, most have erotic undertones, Anime has a lot of horror themes but to us, they seem like something else. We fear the monster, they fear becoming the monster. All of the videos I posted explore that concept.

Boogiepop Phantom catches a lot of flack but it's one of my all time favorites. I think anime/manga do a lot of great things with the genre. It's beyond frustrating that the Junji Ito collection didn't live up to the manga though.

This right here:

One of my favorite works of short horror fiction ever. The Enigma at Amigara Fault, it's a breeze to get through but packs on the existential dread HEAVY.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
they put out some very good pictures with top tier production but more often drop some duds..
i liked..
the visit
get out
insidious
halloween
Yeah, Blumhouse is very hit or miss when it comes to quality of their output.

To their credit that Blumhouse Collection that @LaBellaNicole0416.NYC copped looks to be more good than bad though.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Diablero_p%C3%B3ster.jpg

Been watching this Mexican joint

A young priest enlists the help of a demon hunter and a paranormal expert to search for a kidnapped girl in the underworld of Mexico City.
First episode date: December 21, 2018
Final episode date: January 31, 2020
Language: Spanish
Created by: J. M. Cravioto
Directors: J. M. Cravioto, Rigoberto Castañeda

A lil cheesy
But I like it:manny:

I'm on season 1 EP 6