Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
@The Hierophant im getting ready to watch this on Netflix
the-binding-netflix-horror.jpg

2020 Italian film directed by Domenico Emanuele de Feudis, written by Daniele Cosci, Davide Orsini and Domenico Emanuele de Feudis and starring Riccardo Scamarcio, Michael C. Pizzuto and Federica Rosellini.[1][2] The film story follows as while visiting her fiancé's mother in southern Italy, a woman must fight the mysterious and malevolent curse intent on claiming her daughter.
Sounds like the Amulet a bit. That wasn't bad. Lemme know how it is. I may check it out. I appreciate foreign horror now adays.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Interesting.

What is binding?
Binding is a magical practice that is so old, it can be traced back to some of the earliest human writing and was even mentioned in the Bible. Many cultures and practices have their own versions of binding spells, but for the sake of time, we’ll be focusing on the one showcased in The Craft. (Wicca/Traditional Witchcraft)

The original purpose of casting a binding spell was to stop something or someone from doing something, as was seen in the movie when Sarah binds Nancy. Another good example of this would be to stop a bully by binding the bully. (Metaphysically, not literally, though an effigy of the bully could be used when spellcasting) Another way to go about it would be to stop oneself from being bullied by casting a protective binding spell.

These spells are often cast through a string of words, though in some cases, the words are replaced by a physical string. If you’ve ever been to a wedding and watched the bride and groom’s hands or wrists get tied together in a symbolic knot, you guessed it: That’s a form of binding.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sounds like the Amulet a bit. That wasn't bad. Lemme know how it is. I may check it out. I appreciate foreign horror now adays.
Ever since the French horror movie “Ils” and seeing original Japanese horror movies of American remakes years ago I developed an appreciation for it.

Similar concept with this movie as amulet
“binding magic is what is used to charm an amulet or magical object. This is also similar to the magic one would use with an effigy or voodoo doll. Today, many people practice binding spells, commonly by wrapping string, ribbon or cord around a symbolic object, while reciting a spell or chant after setting their intention. But just like voodoo dolls, there can be good and bad versions of binding.”

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Ever since the French horror movie “Ils” and seeing original Japanese horror movies of American remakes years ago I developed an appreciation for it.

Similar concept with this movie as amulet
“binding magic is what is used to charm an amulet or magical object. This is also similar to the magic one would use with an effigy or voodoo doll. Today, many people practice binding spells, commonly by wrapping string, ribbon or cord around a symbolic object, while reciting a spell or chant after setting their intention. But just like voodoo dolls, there can be good and bad versions of binding.”
I had no idea you were intiated, dear sister. Luce.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last edited:

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
@The Hierophant im getting ready to watch this on Netflix
the-binding-netflix-horror.jpg

2020 Italian film directed by Domenico Emanuele de Feudis, written by Daniele Cosci, Davide Orsini and Domenico Emanuele de Feudis and starring Riccardo Scamarcio, Michael C. Pizzuto and Federica Rosellini.[1][2] The film story follows as while visiting her fiancé's mother in southern Italy, a woman must fight the mysterious and malevolent curse intent on claiming her daughter.

Watch it

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Watching it now. I like reading the background info about these types of movies before I view

Is The Binding a True Story? Is the Netflix Movie Based on Real Life?

No, The Binding is not based on a true story. Although there are instances in the film that might make you believe that they are probably inspired by real-life events. The visuals during the end credits share some pictures of instances involving dark magic and binding.

Some of the most iconic horror films are based on true life events of such sort such as The Exorcism of Emily Rose, The Conjuring, Annabelle, and A Nightmare on Elm Street to name a few. Dark magic and practices like this have been part of human civilization for a very long time. However, in ancient times, they started due to a lack of healthcare services and were mainly used to cure people of health problems or ailments that may have affected their cattle and livestock.

The distortion for the usage of these practices gradually came into being as people realized that such practices could be used to hurt their enemies or benefit themselves. This resulted in many superstitious practices and cultural traditions over time such as carrying charms for good luck and apotropaic objects to ward off evil. This is seen in the film when Teresa gives Sophia a small cloth pack with stones, threads, and other objects found naturally. Teresa’s character is a healer and as seen in the film, she uses the knowledge of herbs and magic to cure people and help them.