Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
John Carpenter's opinion on Rob Zombie and Zombie's version of Halloween:

u3sYw3F.jpg

:huhldup::huhldup::huhldup::huhldup:

Harsh....:russ::mjlol:
I see that you had this stash already locked and loaded, like you’ve been preparing for this for days, you slandering son of a ..nvm. No need for name calling, I’m going to be better than that. Fight fire with Fire. The smell of your burning flesh will be worth it - time and opportunity. After I finish setting up this database for my job, when I’m done with my 9-5ish at work. Time to break out the second laptop for dude to get this work.
:banderas:
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I just Googled "Rob Zombie Halloween reviews" and I was deluged with an overwhelming amount of results that were wholly negative reviews.
Those are just a couple of the sites that came back in my search.
I'm done...the John Carpenter quote was the pièce de résistance. :banderas:
You are not done by no means - this is just getting started. You had time to look up shyt- just a matter of my time before I get my own shyt together.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@MartyMcFly dapped this?? So much for being impartial even though we’ve been vibing going on for 2 years. It’s always the ones closest to you that will stab you dead in the back. I am not pleased. At all.
giphy.gif
I rapped it purely for fukkery purposes :russ: you two going at it is pure entertainment

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm done...the John Carpenter quote was the pièce de résistance. :banderas:
What Makes Michael Myers Scary?
David Gordon Green’s new Halloween is fine fan service. But for a more disturbing take on Michael Myers, he could have taken notes from Rob Zombie.
tenor.gif

The New Halloween Is Fine Fan Service. But It Can’t Compete With the Series’s Scariest Treatment of Michael Myers.

Rob Zombie’s version of the dead-babysitter saga was a mirror image of Carpenter’s film instead of a slavish and wink-filled tribute. Although a modest hit, it received mostly dismissive reviews, and it’s now been all but swept aside. That’s a shame, because more than a decade on—and especially compared to the new Halloween—it remains a fascinating and underappreciated experiment. That’s mostly in how it treats Michael Myers.

That had shifted dramatically by 2007, and Zombie’s film reflects that shift. Where Carpenter’s opens with a famous, relatively brisk, first-person Steadicam sequence in which we see a 6-year-old Michael killing his sister, Zombie’s version dwells on Michael’s childhood. We see him ridiculed by his mother’s abusive boyfriend (William Forsythe) and bullied at school. We learn he’s acting out by killing animals. His only real connection is with his frequently absent mother (Sheri Moon Zombie). When he takes his first human life, it’s because he’s pushed too far. Then he just keeps going.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
What Makes Michael Myers Scary?
David Gordon Green’s new Halloween is fine fan service. But for a more disturbing take on Michael Myers, he could have taken notes from Rob Zombie.
tenor.gif

The New Halloween Is Fine Fan Service. But It Can’t Compete With the Series’s Scariest Treatment of Michael Myers.

Rob Zombie’s version of the dead-babysitter saga was a mirror image of Carpenter’s film instead of a slavish and wink-filled tribute. Although a modest hit, it received mostly dismissive reviews, and it’s now been all but swept aside. That’s a shame, because more than a decade on—and especially compared to the new Halloween—it remains a fascinating and underappreciated experiment. That’s mostly in how it treats Michael Myers.

That had shifted dramatically by 2007, and Zombie’s film reflects that shift. Where Carpenter’s opens with a famous, relatively brisk, first-person Steadicam sequence in which we see a 6-year-old Michael killing his sister, Zombie’s version dwells on Michael’s childhood. We see him ridiculed by his mother’s abusive boyfriend (William Forsythe) and bullied at school. We learn he’s acting out by killing animals. His only real connection is with his frequently absent mother (Sheri Moon Zombie). When he takes his first human life, it’s because he’s pushed too far. Then he just keeps going.
So this guy is a fan of the most hated aspect of Zombie's horrible movie?

I guess it takes all kinds.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So this guy is a fan of the most hated aspect of Zombie's horrible movie?

I guess it takes all kinds.
Even though the film raked in a little more $80 million worldwide, which made it the highest-grossing film in the series

Although Zombie follows the premise of Carpenter’s original- with Michael Myers stalking Laurie Strode and her friends on Halloween night, Zombie’s film goes deeper into the character’s psyche, trying to answer the question of what drove the iconic killer to violence.

the film, which cost $15 million to make, went on to gross $80,208,039 worldwide. This makes it the highest-grossing film in the HALLOWEEN franchise

Not to mention the cinematography done by Zombie regular Phil Parmet (THE DEVILS REJECTS) is absolutely stunning, and essentially follows a 3 part story. The story of Young Michael Myers wis very grainy and handheld. Flashing forward to 15 years later, where we follow Laurie Strode (Compton) and friends, the film seems very smooth and full of rich, warm colors. The finale of the film however, almost feels like a disturbing documentary. Which makes sense given Parmet’s extensive background in documentaries prior to the film, topped off with Tyler Bates edgy score I think the one thing that Zombie really did achieve with this classic was a visceral and dark look into the mind of America’s favorite serial killer!

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I just Googled "Rob Zombie Halloween reviews" and I was deluged with an overwhelming amount of results that were wholly negative reviews.
Those are just a couple of the sites that came back in my search.
:francis: Not Zombie’s problem that you lack the capacity to view his movies in layers.
——
Zombie stages his kills to linger a beat or two too long. The violence is drawn out and bloody, but it feels less sadistic than provocative. Zombie’s Halloween isn’t Funny Games, but it asks some of the same questions: Why are you watching this? Is this really what you want to see?

Zombie’s Halloween is a tragedy that unfolds on two fronts: the killings themselves, and the neglect and mistreatment that made the killer. (His 2009 follow-up, Halloween II,can’t quite sustain that unease, unfortunately.) It never asks us to sympathize with Michael, but it does ask us to understand him.

:hhh: