Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Lol.. :russ:That girl power stuff was distracting, trust me. Like Jamie Curtis in Halloween they didn’t need to emphasize how mentally strong and capable she is - you just know she was empowering. This movie would have been teenage Jamie Curtis yelling -“ I will not let you overpower me, Michael Myers, I’m
a tough woman “ every time or every scene in which she ran or defended herself against him. Annoying.
I didn’t mind the girl power shyt even tho it was overdone. I actually think black Christmas is a good movie to do that in since it’s a sorority getting preyed on by an unstable man. The problem with it was that it went way too far away from the OG. You’re gonna remake a slasher classic as a weird supernatural movie? Nah. Give it a different title and it’s a decent movie for what it is. Call it Black Christmas and it’s 2 thumbs way down.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Even if Candyman disappoints, it's not like he's directing it. He's co-writing it with two others. The dedicated thread on here is misleading as hell. That is Nia DaCosta's project.

Edit: Marty beat me to it.

I was curious why he decided to not direct it. This is supposedly his dream project.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was curious why he decided to not direct it. This is supposedly his dream project.

He’s at the level where he can bring people up and put them on. As a director he seems more interested in original stories and ideas. Writing and producing still gives him a hand in it but it’s not his vision. Spielberg used to do the same thing when he blew up

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Invisible Man :banderas::banderas::banderas:

Hard to make an Invisible Man movie that actually capitalizes on doubts. Had me watching the background like a hawk. Elisabeth Moss really bodied the role here and sold it. Leigh Whannell is one to watch.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He’s at the level where he can bring people up and put them on. As a director he seems more interested in original stories and ideas. Writing and producing still gives him a hand in it but it’s not his vision. Spielberg used to do the same thing when he blew up

makes sense

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
A24 and AMC Theatres Teaming Up for “She Is Risen” Screening Series, Including Saint Maud, The Exorcist Director’s Cut, and The Conjuring

pZ1KeL6.jpg

Given 5 stars in Emily von Seele's Fantastic Fest review, Rose Glass' Saint Maud is coming to theaters this April, and to celebrate its release, A24 is teaming up with AMC for the "She is Risen" screening series.

Featuring The Exorcist Director's Cut, Rosemary's Baby, The Conjuring, and advance showings of Saint Maud, the "She is Risen" screening series of faith-centric films with powerful female performances will take place in participating AMC theaters beginning with The Exorcist on Friday the 13th of March.

For a full list of participating theaters and showtimes, visit:

She Is Risen Horror Event Will Haunt You

Written and directed by Rose Glass, Saint Maud stars Morfydd Clark, Jennifer Ehle, Lilly Frazer, Lily Knight, Marcus Hutton, Turlough Convery, and Rosie Sansom. Following the "She is Risen" screening series, A24 will release Saint Maud in theaters across the Us on April 3rd, 2020.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
A24 and AMC Theatres Teaming Up for “She Is Risen” Screening Series, Including Saint Maud, The Exorcist Director’s Cut, and The Conjuring

pZ1KeL6.jpg

Given 5 stars in Emily von Seele's Fantastic Fest review, Rose Glass' Saint Maud is coming to theaters this April, and to celebrate its release, A24 is teaming up with AMC for the "She is Risen" screening series.

Featuring The Exorcist Director's Cut, Rosemary's Baby, The Conjuring, and advance showings of Saint Maud, the "She is Risen" screening series of faith-centric films with powerful female performances will take place in participating AMC theaters beginning with The Exorcist on Friday the 13th of March.

For a full list of participating theaters and showtimes, visit:

She Is Risen Horror Event Will Haunt You

Written and directed by Rose Glass, Saint Maud stars Morfydd Clark, Jennifer Ehle, Lilly Frazer, Lily Knight, Marcus Hutton, Turlough Convery, and Rosie Sansom. Following the "She is Risen" screening series, A24 will release Saint Maud in theaters across the Us on April 3rd, 2020.

Well damn