Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
:salute:
“We’re all rational when the sun is shining...different when it goes down”
:ahh:
and yes, her story is very sad- she died depressed and lonely with no one even noticing. :palm::unsure:
Joyce Carol Vincent(19 October 1965 – c. December 2003) was a British woman whose death went unnoticed for more than two years as her corpse lay undiscovered in her north London bedsit. Prior to her death, Vincent had cut off nearly all contact with those who knew her. She resigned from her job in 2001, and moved into a shelter for victims of domestic abuse. Around the same time, she began to reduce contact with friends and family. She died in her bedsit around December 2003 with neither family, co-workers, nor neighbours taking notice. Her remains were discovered on 25 January 2006, with the cause of death believed to be either an asthmaattack or complications from a recent peptic ulcer.”
fukk her husband. :pacspit: . RIP the sister. I know I'm late but still.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
@Yahweh Ben Yahweh if you're looking for another demon possession/cultish type movie
p14527774_p_v8_aa.jpg

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
@Nicole0416 ironically that staring woman story is also derivative of a Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark story. I'm telling yall fam, Scary Stories is the GOAT of children's horror. edit: It was called "the Man in the Middle"
Just finally watched it the other day. The "staring woman" was the woman behind the concept for scary stories, who was actually writing the stories or was she one of the stories herself?

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
@Yahweh Ben Yahweh if you're looking for another demon possession/cultish type movie
p14527774_p_v8_aa.jpg

Funny u mention this

Last night I watched "The House of the Devil" on Prime Video

It was decent
A 2010 movie made to look like a 80s flick
A lil slow paced tho

I'ma check your suggestion out

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Just finally watched it the other day. The "staring woman" was the woman behind the concept for scary stories, who was actually writing the stories or was she one of the stories herself?

To my memory, she's a new creation by the writers to get multiple stories in. The fact that they managed to get her to fit the vibe of the stories so perfectly has me second guessing that though. I will say, the storytelling concept is hype to me since it should allow for sequels. There are WAY more stories that I'd like to see done. I remember one where a girl's roommate won't stop whistling in the middle of the night. She wakes up in the morning and the roommate had been murdered. There's soooo much gold in those books.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
It's Lovecraftian as all hell which is my bag. Far from perfect buit nails the key bits of cosmic horror. Unknown forces, physical and mental changes in the characters and warped imagery overall...I really dug it.
The Tommy Chong scenes where he basically told Ward what was going to happen before it did. It was an interesting take on the Harbinger archetype. Not doom and gloom but chill and mellow.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Last night I watched “Deathdream” by Bob Clark (creator of the original Black Christmas, made the same year too weirdly). I loved it almost despite the horror elements lol, it was way better during the familial drama parts. Couple spooky scenes in the first half though. I liked the “on the nose”ness of the metaphors, lots of anti-Vietnam points made in different ways.

Certainly not an amazing restoration but only a couple super dark scenes are hard to make out. It’s a great hidden gem from 70s horror for anyone who might be interested. Another interesting aspect is that it’s Tom Savini’s second-ever movie he worked on after “deranged”. Some rookie makeup errors in some scenes lol.