Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

how this coming out next week, have seen zero to no marketing for it...don't think I even seen trailers in theaters

There wasn't that much marketing or release material for the first one (47 Meters Down). I don't recall seeing any trailers for that one. I think it's just one of those movies that catches on by word of mouth or being involved in the genre. Last year, I looked up a list of upcoming horror movies for 2019 and this was on the list, so I expected it. I thought 47 meters down was an interesting watch- did not find it bad at all, predictable at first but as the movie went on - did not see some of the plot twists coming.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
There wasn't that much marketing or release material for the first one (47 Meters Down). I don't recall seeing any trailers for that one. I think it's just one of those movies that catches on by word of mouth or being involved in the genre. Last year, I looked up a list of upcoming horror movies for 2019 and this was on the list, so I expected it. I thought 47 meters down was an interesting watch- did not find it bad at all, predictable at first but as the movie went on - did not see some of the plot twists coming.
I know I downloaded a version of the first 47 Meters Down a year before it was released in the US and the name for it was In The Deep.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
How was Crawl? That movie just seemed so random to put out in the theaters rn, like it was an afterthought for the studios after the bigger name wider release projects. lol
It was good. It had some flaws in the way they told the story but overall it was pretty decent.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
How was Crawl? That movie just seemed so random to put out in the theaters rn, like it was an afterthought for the studios after the bigger name wider release projects. lol

Crawl is fantastic :wow:

It’s tight, effective, nasty as fukk but with a playful touch and has some heart to it. Really good time in the theater

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Amazon and Paramount Television are developing a series adaptation of the 1997 sci-fi horror film “Event Horizon,” Variety has learned.

Adam Wingard is set to executive produce and direct the potential series. Wingard recently directed the film “Godzilla vs. Kong,” which is due out in theaters in March 2020. He has previously directed films like the recent “Blair Witch” reboot, “The Guest,” “You’re Next,” and the live-action version of “Death Note.” He also wrote and directed films like “Autoerotic” and “What Fun We Were Having.”

Wingard willl executive produce along with Larry Gordon, Lloyd Levin, and Jeremy Platt. Gordon and Levin both produced the film.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Amazon and Paramount Television are developing a series adaptation of the 1997 sci-fi horror film “Event Horizon,” Variety has learned.

Adam Wingard is set to executive produce and direct the potential series. Wingard recently directed the film “Godzilla vs. Kong,” which is due out in theaters in March 2020. He has previously directed films like the recent “Blair Witch” reboot, “The Guest,” “You’re Next,” and the live-action version of “Death Note.” He also wrote and directed films like “Autoerotic” and “What Fun We Were Having.”

Wingard willl executive produce along with Larry Gordon, Lloyd Levin, and Jeremy Platt. Gordon and Levin both produced the film.

I was just coming to post this:russ:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow:
It was great , it was like one of those sci-fi channel horror movies but good lol
Crawl is fantastic :wow:

It’s tight, effective, nasty as fukk but with a playful touch and has some heart to it. Really good time in the theater
yup I loved the movie . One of the cutest movie dogs of all time
:wow: Aja definitely knows how to make a tight effective horror movie

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I think Event Horizon is a great flick and Wingard has a solid track record (some good, some meh) but I have a hard time imagining Event Horizon as a series. I'll definitely be curious to see how they approach it, there's a handful of late 90's through 00's era horror where I felt like the backstories left a lot of opportunity although I never saw a good way to adapt them (13 Ghosts had legit backstories for every ghost that barely got a reference in the movie).