Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I've been meaning to watch back Sinister for a while. So, that's perfect timing.

Updating the list -

Horror thread's 31 days of Halloween List -

4. Be My Cat: A Film for Anne (Tubi)
6. *Choose your own*
13. *Choose your own*
20. *Choose your own*
24. Sinister (HBO Max)
25. World War Z (Paramount Plus)
27. *Choose your own*
31. Halloween

3. Salem's Lot 2024 (Max)
5. V/H/S Beyoned (Shudder)

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
hell yea. Having Peacock during the olympics, I got to see everything live and anytime I wanted to. They've got a decent movie selection, plus original shows and the NBC network. If you're a wrestling fan, Peacock(without adds and premium btw), is worth the price alone. They literally have every WWE ppv ever including smackdown and RAW shows. Plus they have all of the shyt Vince bought like WCW (ppvs too), WCCW, AWA, and Smokey Mounting Wrestling archives. I feel like I'm I'm robbing them paying only $14 a month for premium/ad free. And you get to stream all of the new WWE shyt live as it's happening. That includes WM, Summerslam, and all of that.
I meant the blu ray movie. :heh:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I got like 15 minutes left in Lucio Fulci's A Cat in the Brain

I read this movie was supposed to be deranged and I'm watching it like:unimpressed: and :mjlol:

I think my mentality is cooked:sadcam:
Picked it up during my Bloody Gore phase. It’s all right, but it’s basically a comp of his previous films.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Alright, we've got about two weeks to go. Are yall down to put together a 31 days of horror list for Halloween? Same setup as last year; pick the movie and let us know where we can find it (IE: Netflix, Shudder, or whatever). We prefer movies that are on one of the streaming services, but it's not a hard rule. Sundays are "pick your poison" so that heads can participate but still get in all their Halloween favorites.

If you want to add a title, quote the list and add your title. Just make sure to tag me and I'll keep track of everything. Any blank space is up for grabs to anyone with a suggestion. The more people adding picks, the better, because we want variety! You get respect if you can find a hidden gem that majority of us horror fanatics haven't seen before. Take this chance to put us on to something different!

I'll kick it off with a hidden gem from the Found Footage line of movies: Be My Cat.

6. *Choose your own*
13. *Choose your own*
20. *Choose your own*
27. *Choose your own*
31. Halloween
7. Don't go in the house (1979) sling, tubi, plex,pluto, xumo, roku channel, youtube (all free)
14. junk (2000) youtube
21. audition (1999) tubi

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
10. The Eyes of My Mother (Max)
15. Detention (2011) (Tubi)
23. Dead Silence (Tubi)
5. V/H/S Beyoned (Shudder)
7. Don't go in the house (1979) sling, tubi, plex,pluto, xumo, roku channel, youtube (all free)
14. junk (2000) youtube
21. audition (1999) tubi

The Eyes of My Mother is a memorably twisted movie that's shot almost as beautifully as A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night...Definitely a gem for how that clash hits! I'll forever remember Detention for the Debate Scene, because I was a big KOTD fan at the time and it's Organik debating. Dead Silence is Wan's most underrated for me!

I mentioned in the Salem's Lot thread, but the window scene in the original is a touchstone moment for my horror experience growing up. That shyt gave me nightmares like few other movies. So I'm HYPE for Salem's Lot...and I feel like I've got a case for biggest found footage fan left in the thread, so you know I can't wait for more VHS!

Here's a couple I'll be watching for the first time. Don't Go in the House has a classic vibe to it, and Junk sounds absolutely nuts. I'm really looking forward to both. Audition...that's one of the greatest horror movies of all time in my book.

I'm also adding Cure, which isn't anywhere streaming but is on the internet archive. I need more people to talk about this movie with. I loved it!

Horror thread's 31 days of Halloween List -

5. VHS Beyond (Shudder)
6. *Choose your own*
7. Don't Go in the House (Tubi, Youtube)
8. Cure (Internet Archive)
10. The Eyes of My Mother (Max)
13. *Choose your own*
14. Junk (2000) (Youtube)
15. Detention (2011) (Tubi)
20. *Choose your own*
21. Audition
23. Dead Silence (Tubi)
24. Sinister (Max)
25. World War Z (Paramount Plus)
27. *Choose your own*
31. John Carpenter's Halloween

This is already coming together nicely!

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Posted this in the marathon thread
As well:

there are a lot of classics with anniversaries this year

50 years
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Black Christmas
It's alive

Children of the Corn
F13 part 4
Gemlins
Silent Night, Deadly night
A nightmare on Elm street
C.H.U.D
Firestarter

interview with the vampire
Leprechaun
Cemetary Man
New Nighmare

Blair Witch project
sixth sense
Sleepy Hollow
The house on Haunted hill remake
Lake Placid
Deep Blue Sea
Audition

Dawn of the Dead remake
Shaun of the dead
the Grudge remake
Saw
Seed of Chucky

Jennifer's body
Friday the 13th remake
Human Centipede
Orphan
The collector

It follows
Babadook
Tusk
Annabelle
Quija
As above so below

I'm going to watch Nightmare on Elm Street on my own time for sure. I'll probably watch 1, 3, and New Nightmare.

I have never watched The Babadook, or Starry Eyes before, and I want to nominate one of them. They're both on multiple popular streaming platforms right now.

I'll watch Megan's Body on my own time. I watched Subservience last night, and thought it was alright. I remember liking the movie, and buying the DVD when Blockbuster went out of business.