Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I watched Salem’s Lot some months ago. It’s all right. Don’t know it was a tv mini-series. I don’t think I’ll watch the OG Again tho.
maybe it's outdated for you? I think its one of the best King's adaptations ever! Well his horror adaptations not shawshank redemption.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
The thumbnail looks hilarious.
I am a sucker for shark, werewolf and bigfoot movies
the tackier the design, the more fukkery you can expect :banderas:

I remember i mentioned a euro werewolf flick in the thread years ago, the flick was decent ,
but.
the werewolf fx looked like they only had the budget for a Party City costume :russ:

Also , gonna try to get more active again:

my first Accounting I.T. Project is done and we are in the post implementation - triage stage, not many issues, but they are there.
jumped right into #2 and # 3 is cranking up and they need to be done by end of year or Q1 next year

Nikka got a promotion and they are trying to work me to death.

Fukkers!

my 80's watchthrough is suffering.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Last weekend I watched two French female directed female led horror movies. They were listed as horror but weren't particular scary more on the gore or weird spectrum.

Revenge 2017
Revenge_2017_poster.png

Not into rape revenge movies but the rape scene was done as tasteful as you can do it. The movie felt like a Crow movie with her coming back to kill the people that wrongfully killed her. The action scenes were done well and showed how to properly show tension on film with guns being the main weapon. I have faith that The Substance which comes out next week will be a good movie. Good practical effects.

The villains weren't the best. Lots of shots of her ass which I didn't expect.

Titane 2021
Titane_poster.jpeg

I read the description of this movie and I thought it was going to be like RoboCop or The Subject segment from V/H/S 94 and boy was I wrong:skip:

This is definitely high in the weird category. I believe the underlying of this movie is to love your children, and their children, no matter who they are and who they like to be with...even if it is a car I'm pretty sure the Firefighter dad killed his son because he was wearing dresses. Thats why he had the flashback in the training room of his son in a desk being burnt to death. Firefighters are a lot of times pyromaniacs. Its also why Alexia didn't get along with her father. Alexia and Vincent got along together because they accepted each other even they weren't family.

This had to have been a difficult movie to act in so props to both leads knocking it out the park. It's also a hard story to adapt on to film so props to the director who also wrote the story. I can't say I'd recommend it to people because its so out there without the weirdness being fun like in the movie Society. Great film to me and I'll check out Raw soon.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Earlier this week I watched some modern movies that were recommended as homages to Italian Horror movies.

The Love Witch (2016)
The_Love_Witch.png

This movie was like if Sergio Martino directed a Bewitched movie starring Edwige Fenech :russ: One point in the movie I got mixed up and said, "Damn shes always in a sex cult in her movies.":dead:

I thought it was funny. It was a more realistic approach to witches where you don't see sorcery like in Harry Potter.

I Know Who Killed Me (2007)
Who_killed_me_post.jpg

I googled the movie and the picture showed Lindsay Lohan on a stripper pole and I was sold:manny: She doesn't get naked tho.

The movie wasn't bad, its definitely not great. Finding out who the killer of the movie was weak, but the story was still interesting. I don't know if LL helped or hurt the movie, but everyone else did pretty well in it. I didn't know Fancy from The Jamie Foxx show was in it.

Berberian Sound Studio (2012)
Berberian_Sound_Studio.jpg

This is another weird movie. If you're into audio recording, or how movies are made you might find this interesting. The movie stars dude from The Mist that knew how to shoot a gun.

In the movie they are working on the dubbing of an Italian horror movie in the 70s. You never see the film, but the sound work is good enough that you can imagine what's on screen.