Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps

Spoiler alert: he’s talking about nightmare on elm street. But…

So another elite filmmaker wants an amazing classic horror property but can’t even figure out who to talk to about getting his idea off the ground…rights issues are the worst. We’ll get Bambi in the Death Forest before a proper Jason or Freddy comes back.

I’m not going to lie but “Bambi, Death In The Forest” sounds like some insanity I want to see.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I’m not going to lie but “Bambi, Death In The Forest” sounds like some insanity I want to see.
The dude that made Winnie The Pooh Blood and Honey said he's already got it scripted. He's just waiting for the copyright on Bambi to expire which I guess is happening soon. He's got a Peter Pan on deck too for the same reason. Dude is watching Disney copyrights expire and making movies out of 'em.

If you go to about the 50 minute mark we talked a bit about it on my podcast

Got a bonus clip where we mess around and talk about what Disney properties we'd turn into horror movies but we haven't edited it to release yet.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
@storyteller are you watching the “Shrinking” series on Apple TV?
:mjlol:
This is one of those, “it’s late at night, I’m overly tired, I’m already on the app, too lazy to scroll, I’ll let this play out until I fall to sleep “ but it did end up being funny, the humor is very dry, dark which makes it even more comedic and now I’m up to episode 4.

Sean and his lol moments. If it wasn’t for Sean and Gaby - I wouldn’t be into it as much as I am.
This show is one of my favorites at the moment. Apple TV+ holding it down as one of the best bang for your buck streaming services out there. No ads either.

Have you watched Severance though? shyt is piff. :wow:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Haunted Mansion teaser trailer came out today. It doesn't look nearly as horrible as I thought it would.

Pour one for the home Jacksonville Swaguar because I know he's somewhere hating the fact that Rosario Dawson is in this movie.

I managed to get on the ride at Magic Kingdom when I was a youngin'. It broke down mid-way through and made for a spookier, more immersive experience. Workers, that just looked like silhouettes in my eyes, skedaddling in the background trying to fix whatever went wrong.:whoo:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
This show is one of my favorites at the moment. Apple TV+ holding it down as one of the best bang for your buck streaming services out there. No ads either.

Have you watched Severance though? shyt is piff. :wow:
No I haven’t watched Severance yet but I will now that I see y’all recommending it. I think that I watched a few minutes of it but the adhd kicked in and I got fixated on something else - we’re in a horror slump rn, I’m getting bored anyway. Need something to watch

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
No I haven’t watched Severance yet but I will now that I see y’all recommending it. I think that I watched a few minutes of it but the adhd kicked in and I got fixated on something else - we’re in a horror slump rn, I’m getting bored anyway. Need something to watch
I’m bout to watch Kill List. :lupe:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I’m bout to watch Kill List. :lupe:
Watched it during Covid - this one? -
KILL LIST - amazon prime
The Underrated Ben Wheatley Horror Movie You Can Stream On Amazon
Long before Ben Wheatley got to make highly anticipated sequels in major Hollywood franchises, he garnered heaps of critical acclaim by helming low-budget British movies in the crime-thriller and horror genres. Kill List, released in 2011, marked the director's second feature, and it's a film that combines all of Wheatley's artistic sensibilities to great effect.
Kill List follows two hitmen — Jay (Neil Maskell) and Gal (Michael Smiley) — who accept an assignment from a shadowy client who likes contracts to be signed in blood. The mysterious individual tasks Jay and Gal with taking out three targets, but as they get deeper into the violent mission, it becomes clear that their client has ulterior motives for one of them. Saying more about the plot would spoil Kill List's unexpected twists and turns, so let's just discuss some elements that make it such a must-see experience if you're in the mood for a proper scare.
Kill List is not a horror movie for the faint-hearted
Read More: https://www.looper.com/351633/the-underrated-ben-wheatley-horror-movie-you-can-stream-on-amazon/?utm_campaign=clip

Horror movies have a tendency to explore the darker side of human nature, and Kill List is as unrelenting in its terror as they come. There's a tangible sense of dread in every frame that will get under the skin of even the most hardcore fans of the genre. The characters spend most of the movie unaware that they're walking into a trap, but for the viewer, it's made clear from the outset that sinister forces are observing Jay and Gal from the shadows at every turn. While some viewers might not sympathize with two contract killers battling for their lives, the film's oppressive atmosphere is enough to induce panic nonetheless.

The movie also contains some moments of wince-inducing violence, including one nasty scene involving a hammer. Violence is often portrayed as gimmicky and, in some cases, fun in horror movies. In Kill List, the bloodletting is just straight-up nasty. In an interview with The Guardian, Wheatley revealed that he wanted to make the gory scenes as "realistic" and "unglamorous" as possible because violence is no laughing matter.

Of course, Wheatley went on to deliver outrageously entertaining moments of gruesomeness in Sightseers and Free Fire, but with Kill List, he was out to make a point and hammer (pun intended) it home.

Kill List helped revive a niche subgenre

Read More: The Underrated Ben Wheatley Horror Movie You Can Stream On Amazon

Guess I know what I’m watching tonight :ohhh:
Been on this thread for a mad long number of years- almost watched everything
:picard:
This is why my sleep cycle is shyt these days- during the wfh/lockdown, nothing to do but work and watch, take 2 hour mid day naps, be all up all night to work more and watch shows/movies until daybreak, fall back to sleep at 4am
😅

Last edited: