Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Is anyone else applying for all these "we'll pay one lucky fan to watch 10 horror movies in 10 nights and tweet about it" Halloween offers? I remember a few popped up last year and I just saw my first one for this year (my godson texted it to me...I taught him well).

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Is anyone else applying for all these "we'll pay one lucky fan to watch 10 horror movies in 10 nights and tweet about it" Halloween offers? I remember a few popped up last year and I just saw my first one for this year (my godson texted it to me...I taught him well).
My mom showed me one while I was out visiting a couple days ago. They gave you a Fitbit to measure your heart rate while you watched.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Best movie of 2021 so far- I liked this ALOT. James Wan has mastered the genre. Malignant >>>> Conjuring III
8/10.
:whew:

That jail scene and the videotape scene towards the end- shytttttttt!!!
:lupe::damn:

This movie = elements of
the exorcist + the ring + the grudge.
I saw. Pretty good, I loved that there was a decent twist. Wan's camera work is nuts.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I just finished it. Wan might be this generation's Carpenter. I don't see anyone touching his skills. That said the movie was solid. The twist wasn't bad at all. Good film.
Might be? shyt he is for me. And carpenter is my fav director of all time. He just understands what he’s doing so well and knows exactly how to do it.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
We ARE back !!!!!

:blessed:
Reviving the early to mid 2000s feelings something serious :picard:it’s been worth the wait
:wow:
Candyman and Malignant kicks off the new season- Halloween is next. Haven’t seen Candyman yet but if Malignant is a sign of what’s to come - we are definitely in for quality horror programming.
:wow:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The trailer dropped for the I know what you did last summer series.
Didn’t know the movie and show were based on a book from the 70s. Also didn’t watch the whole trailer cause the show drops on October 15. I can wait
Yeah the book is almost entirely different from the movie Kevin Williamson made and the book is what the series is based on.
Basically a dark thriller version of Sweet Valley High which is what I'm getting from the trailer for the series too.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
watched Jaws 1 and 2 again :ehh: part 1 is-------------------------------> :banderas:

I skipped part 3 and 4 :huhldup::dead:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, look at this shyt \/ :pachaha: this aint it

Part 3

tumblr_o95ccaqYOR1s01qkyo1_400.gifv

Part 4

T1Aj.gif

morris

Superstar
Daps
The Empty Man
After a group of teens from a small Midwestern town begin to mysteriously disappear, the locals believe it is the work of an urban legend known as The Empty Man. As a retired cop investigates and struggles to make sense of the stories, he discovers a secretive group and their attempts to summon a horrific, mystical entity, and soon his life—and the lives of those close to him—are in grave danger.

This movie had SO MUCH potential.

Of course, white people going to what appears is a Tibetan/Eastern region. Has a good origin (thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 acts, 3 days each) ...then stops and morphs into some emo, middle America, infidelity mess.

They could have expounded on the skeletal structure, how the man was not harmed when he fell, why he was chosen to hear the whistle and how it evolved to a fukking bridge (think Candyman but you need a bridge and bottle...wtf)

Wasted potential but also good to see the nude woman. Delicious t*ts

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This movie had SO MUCH potential.

Of course, white people going to what appears is a Tibetan/Eastern region. Has a good origin (thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 acts, 3 days each) ...then stops and morphs into some emo, middle America, infidelity mess.

They could have expounded on the skeletal structure, how the man was not harmed when he fell, why he was chosen to hear the whistle and how it evolved to a fukking bridge (think Candyman but you need a bridge and bottle...wtf)

Wasted potential but also good to see the nude woman. Delicious t*ts

Fam, heavy co-sign. I've got a few posts mentioning that the beginning really had me and then it just flopped...badly.

The first 20 minutes or so were really good imo. Everything after gets terribly convoluted. I'll give it credit for having some memorable images and scenes (I could see people liking it more than I did because of certain moments). But they're going for some abstract philosophical stuff by the end and I personally thought it was too messy to be worth exploring too deeply.

It completely dropped off a cliff about five minutes after I mentioned it. The whole “three barely connected stories” thing never fixed itself and just got more convoluted as they went on. I really loved the very beginning (dude falling in the rock formation and going weirdo on em but even that concluded sloppy tbh) and the bridge scenes, everything else is crap. I’m upset at what could have been with that one.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wait. Before I do- I have a serious question, what does this mean????!!! From Final Destination - what is the twist???!!! I’m missing the connection- somebody please explain . The comments aren’t helping me with the clue
Look: what’s the twist?? :mindblown:This is final destination 5?

FD 5:fire: was saved once they tied in the original, and you realize everything was predated:lupe::ohhh::whoo::damn:

morris

Superstar
Daps
Fam, heavy co-sign. I've got a few posts mentioning that the beginning really had me and then it just flopped...badly.
Cool.

The beginning actually reminded me of Hellraiser when the man is in Tibet? And receives Pandora's box. And a bit of Gremlins with it also taking place somewhere out East.

I don't know who was in charge of reading the script or who asked them to change it but that person fukked it all the way.