Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Both will kill a person:hubie: you think somebody gonna get up from a 45? If you want power, power I hear 10mm ain't no joke.

Since we talking bout that, does anybody know the lethality of 57?

I know I fear being hit by a 357, 44, and 12 gauge not saying I want to be hit by a 45, 9mm, or 22...I be looking at my AK and draco shooting fireballs and I don't want to hit by those shyts either.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Both will kill a person:hubie: you think somebody gonna get up from a 45? If you want power, power I hear 10mm ain't no joke.

You right of course. I just like to try and save people money. I saw someone post that they were feeling kinda salty that they gotta 9 over a 45 and i'm thinkin like breh, you got what is arguably considered the better caliber.(there's people on both sides) 45acp is bigger than 9mm but it sacrifices velocity. Velocity equals power(and range) when it comes to firearms in my experience.
I need to do more research but i heard the 40 cal is a happy medium between the two. Bigger than a 9mm but faster than a 45.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You right of course. I just like to try and save people money. I saw someone post that they were feeling kinda salty that they gotta 9 over a 45 and i'm thinkin like breh, you got what is arguably considered the better caliber.(there's people on both sides) 45acp is bigger than 9mm but it sacrifices velocity. Velocity equals power when it comes to firearms in my experience.

That was me talking about this glock 45...I legit just assumed that 45 meant something. And I had to went in to look at 45s. I think I just got confused and he said I got this glock 45 here :russ: and it was on that blue box sale so I just said fukk it

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
That was me talking about this glock 45...I legit just assumed that 45 meant something. And I had to went in to look at 45s. I think I just got confused and he said I got this glock 45 here :russ: and it was on that blue box sale so I just said fukk it
I did something similiar with my first ever gun purchase. dude sold me a 410 gage shotgun :beli:
I had no idea what the numbers meant i thought all shotguns where 12 gage.:dead: i was like wow this is a good deal. went to walmart and bought 12 gage ammo, got home like why doesn't this shyt fit?:wtf: this dude really sold me a bb gun.:mjcry:
Gun dealers will take advantage of you to get that sale.

so now i always watch like 20 youtube videos on the gun i want and try become an expert on it before ever even seeing it.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
What makes that more expensive or more sought after than all the other 1911s? A full rail refers to the sights/lasers you can mount on them right? I see all types of different operators and shyt like that when it comes to 1911s.
i think it's just cause they aren't imported often. those are brazilian pistols made by imbel iirc.

btw anybody interested in a 1911 should check out my breh's buyer's guide, it's a couple years out of date but still has lots of good info: Buyer's guide for all you 1911 addicts...
one of my favorites
MStALds.jpg
the terrorist who shot up fort hood had one and was a pretty miserable shot, he still did a ton of damage. there's a copypasta that's been going around on gun boards that started here: Lethality of the fn 5.7 pistol
and a study here: https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/b2161a32-695e-4a4e-baa2-209a9a981c67/downloads/1cm0blukf_477512.pdf
Great penetration, reliability, consistency and barrier performance proved to be very easy to grade.
1. Penetration was surprisingly deep and consistent for the duty rounds regardless of barriers in Phase 2/3 and very close to the best from the 45 ACP and 10mm hollow points averaging just over 17 inches.
2. The rounds exhibited near perfect reliability with no tested rounds failing to function/tumble in any phase
regardless of media/barriers. None of the rounds fragmented unless designed to do so. Shot to shot consistency was extremely high similar to the solid copper rounds and the FMJs. Each wound channel looked completely different but the measurements were very close and consistent.
3. Barrier degradation was almost zero. 5.7 rounds are the closest thing to barrier blind that was tested. During a couple of the test shoots certain agencies introduced different more robust barriers and the 5.7 continued its flawless minimal degradation results.
Measurements taken on over 100 shots verified that wound channels through tissue with or without barriers equaled or exceeded that of hollow points in all calibers!
oh, you can also go on lightfighter.net and ask ppl who've killed others with the round, but i think that board has a mostly negative opinion about 5.7.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
You right of course. I just like to try and save people money. I saw someone post that they were feeling kinda salty that they gotta 9 over a 45 and i'm thinkin like breh, you got what is arguably considered the better caliber.(there's people on both sides) 45acp is bigger than 9mm but it sacrifices velocity. Velocity equals power(and range) when it comes to firearms in my experience.
I need to do more research but i heard the 40 cal is a happy medium between the two. Bigger than a 9mm but faster than a 45.
velocity x mass = force

the weight and speed both matter but it depends on what you want. 9mm is better at long range accuracy and penetration. 45 is better at transferring force into the body

40 is a medium but a lot of people find the recoil to be too unpleasant for the minimal increase in power. you can also see this in the sale prices of used guns - 40s tend to be cheaper on the used market.

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
you can’t find .223 go to a pawn shop where are you at Breh...I got over 100 rounds for the extra low during the initial covid scare. Now sure why you can’t find that round.
:patrice: when yo say the extra low , imma assume under a buck? What brand?