Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For those of us that can't afford to buy a different gun for each set of pants we wear, and can only afford one. Which one would you recommend?

You'd have to go to a range and try a bunch of guns. Go to a range, rent some handguns and shoot a few magazines of different guns. Like I said it's not about brands or styles. Your hands are differently sized, the pants you wear daily might not be good for what you're carrying.

There was a time I wore nothing but khakis. My Smith and Wesson was perfect. When I started wearing different styles of straight dress pants my glock fit like a glove. I haven't worn a pair of jeans in 17 years I couldn't begin to tell you what's good. I do wear some gym pants and joggers and I have a piece that fits those as well.

It's not something where you run out and buy a couple of guns to suit you. When I got my first gun I primarily wore khakis so I got what I got. After a new job I wear dress pants everyday, the gun didn't fit, was bulky in my new wardrobe. So I went back to the range, shot around found a new fit. Same thing with my gym outfits, outdoors outfits. I needed something to fit me at that time. Now over time I have a collection.

If I tell you to get Chuck Taylors but you got wide feet or I tell you to get some air max but you got flat feet, it ain't a good fit for you. Go to the shoe store sit down try on some different pairs, walk around in them and make a sound decision based on what feels good to you.

You already have people in here talking about buying extended mags because their hands are too big and their pinkys hang off. Every gun is different but every brand usually offers something thats a good fit.

Stoop Kid

I think i can
Daps
Reppin
ps 118
I have my heart set on getting a Sig SP2022 for my first gun. But I’m gonna definitely try a few different options out

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
GTA4 is when I became a fan of the Glock design. 19 being my favorite.

I concealed this 27rd for a few hours a couple months back:

JSXZgKe.jpg

Comparison pictures:
jgUw9Qc.jpg

Compared to the Shield 2.0:

dd7yZVU.jpg

Side by side profile 43X & 19

fXKOm4Y.jpg

M&P appreciation which I have become a fan of:

TOfdIP0.jpg

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is this a custom Glock?

That's definitely a custom Glock. I wonder how practical folding gun really is in a tight situation?

I don't think that one is custom. They've experimented and sold a few that do that. It's never really taken off, but it's something that could be ordered.

It's really not practical. But then again it depends on your situation.

I personally say if you have time to draw your weapon, assemble it, load a road in the chamber then shoot, then you had time to retreat or it was premeditated like "I'm gonna shoot this motherfukker."

Your gun is like your fire extinguisher. Your alarm starts sounding and shyts smoky and flaming. You grab your fire extinguisher from under the sink or the closet, you dont have time to take it out the box and package. You need to point, aim, squeeze and shoot.

Shooting someone is THE last resort. And you only shoot when you have to. You don't brandish the gun to ward off threats, you don't pull it out to intimidate, negotiate, bargain, discuss. You don't shoot a warning shot (they only do this in movies, it's incredibly unsafe, bullets don't just evaporate they are going to hit something or someone, and when you shoot at the ground they don't just sink it, debris or shrapnel can hurt you and others).

People watch too many movies. When you pull out your gun it's time to shoot. People always come into firearms classes and say things like "what commands can you give?"
None. You're not a cop.

You don't pull your gun out and say "stop or I'll shoot" "put down the knife!" "Stop the car!" "Don't come any closer!" "Go away!"

At the point when the gun comes out its because you've reached the end of discussion, negotiation, argument or you or someone else is actively being harmed or about to die, or is dead (their case, not yours).

Last thing you want to do is being in the gas station when a man comes in with a knife or gun then tries to rob a customer and you draw on him talking bout "stop!" Well now you're in a hostage situation and even though youve got a gun, you still aren't trained or licensed in hostage or crisis negotiation.

The folding block is kind of cool but when it's time to go, it's time to go. You need to have your magazines already in your gun, a round already in the chamber and be ready to draw then shoot.

By the time an average person decides to punch someone in the head or face, by the time their hands come from their waist or a neutral portion the target has shifted/moved. Youre not going to have time to realize "oh shyt. I have to shoot this person." Then draw, grab a magazine, load it, rack the slide, bring your arms up and forward to shoot.

And you will always go to jail if you point your gun at someone, line up a shot, then shoot them. You can't spend 1 minute lining up your shot. Draw then shoot.

deimoz

Mask On
Daps
Reppin
Nocturnal
:whoo:Personally I own and conceal carry the "glock 43" ....

050415_D7C_7450a-600x410-1-751x513.jpg

:whoo:Plus I use the "Blackhawk SERPA" holster to hold it ...

19BHKUSRPGLCK4343HGA_is

:whoo:I also have the "desantis hidden truth" holster which u can tuck inside ur waist ...

:snoop:However , sitting down while wearing the muhfukka is uncomfortable as hell

160-PIPE-HIT-G19__55954.1524747532.jpg

Superstar
Daps
:whoo:Personally I own and conceal carry the "glock 43" ....

050415_D7C_7450a-600x410-1-751x513.jpg

:whoo:Plus I use the "Blackhawk SERPA" holster to hold it ...

19BHKUSRPGLCK4343HGA_is

:whoo:I also have the "desantis hidden truth" holster which u can tuck inside ur waist ...

:snoop:However , sitting down while wearing the muhfukka is uncomfortable as hell

160-PIPE-HIT-G19__55954.1524747532.jpg
I miss my g42 sometimes. I could get that bytch in anywhere lol. I may pick up a 43 in the future but I’d rather a 26 first.