The Official Coach Prime and the Colorado Buffaloes Thread

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
maybe he had poor coaching previously
Nah he started 2 games for LSU and played well and then transferred to a HBCU and did ok there but he blew his knee out freshman year and wasn’t the same after that, also the way his body is constructed he has big shoulders but week legs

Karume

All Star
Daps
Nah he started 2 games for LSU and played well and then transferred to a HBCU and did ok there but he blew his knee out freshman year and wasn’t the same after that, also the way his body is constructed he has big shoulders but week legs
how much eligibility?

vino

Superstar
Daps
A, if Prime and coach Flea have Charlie at RB1 I’m done. I ain’t trying to watch no Rudy ball.

I will lose my shyt for real

Karume

All Star
Daps
A, if Prime and coach Flea have Charlie at RB1 I’m done. I ain’t trying to watch Rudy ball.

I will lose my shyt for real
I doubt it will happen. I think it is more about encouraging effort

Karume

All Star
Daps

Deion Sanders and Colorado: The Building Blocks of a New Era Deserve Recognition​

The article from OutKick, authored by David Hookstead, Colorado And Deion Sanders Embarrassed In First AP Poll Of The Year, offers a pointed critique of the Colorado Buffaloes under Deion Sanders, particularly regarding their single vote in the first AP Poll of the season. The piece argues that the hype surrounding the team is unfounded, pointing to last season’s poor performance and ongoing distractions, including media drama and off-field activities, as reasons for skepticism. The article suggests that Sanders is more focused on creating a spectacle than building a winning team and dismisses any early recognition as premature.

However, the article can be critiqued on several grounds. First, it dismisses the potential for rapid improvement under a new coach, something that has been seen in college football before. The article’s tone is also highly dismissive, bordering on sensationalism, which could be interpreted as lacking in objectivity. While skepticism is warranted, the article could have benefited from a more balanced view, acknowledging Sanders’ efforts to rebuild a struggling program.

The recent critique of Deion Sanders and the Colorado Buffaloes’ single vote in the first AP Poll of the season seems to underestimate the significance of the changes happening under Sanders’ leadership. While it’s true that the Buffaloes struggled last season, this vote represents more than just hype — it signals confidence in the program’s potential for rapid transformation.

Point 1: A Single Vote, A Significant Statement

Receiving a vote in the AP Poll, especially after a challenging season, is not merely a nod to popularity but an acknowledgment of the strategic overhaul happening within the program. Sanders has brought in a slew of new talent and energy, which deserves recognition, even if it’s just one vote.

Point 2: Distractions or Strategy?

The so-called distractions cited in the criticism — media engagement, social media presence, and involvement in cultural activities — are not mere circus acts. In today’s landscape, they are strategic moves designed to raise the program’s profile, attract top recruits, and engage a wider fanbase. Sanders understands that modern college football is as much about branding as it is about performance on the field.

Point 3: Early Struggles Don’t Define a Season

Critics are quick to point out last season’s 4–8 record, but this overlooks the fact that building a successful program takes time. Early struggles are part of the process, and Sanders’ approach should be viewed through the lens of long-term development rather than immediate results. A single vote in the AP poll can be an early indicator that some voters believe in the direction in which Sanders is taking the team.

Point 4: The Hype is About the Future, Not the Past

The hype surrounding Colorado is not based on last season’s record but on the potential for the future. Sanders has a track record of success as a player and a coach, and his ability to connect with young athletes and instill a winning mentality is well documented. The vote in the AP Poll reflects this potential, and while it may be early, it’s a step in the right direction.

In conclusion, dismissing the single vote as ridiculous overlooks the nuances of what Sanders is building in Colorado. While the road ahead may be challenging, the foundation is being laid for a new era of success, and that deserves recognition, not ridicule.