The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

muse

thats 2 kids! im out!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chi sagittarii
anybody know of a restaurant that makes whatever you want?

i really want a peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich but i never have all three

and few restaurants have fried pickles

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I just left Chicago today :to: but I will be back next Friday. I am trying to figure out what to do for New Years (it will be my first one in Chicago).

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
I just left Chicago today :to: but I will be back next Friday. I am trying to figure out what to do for New Years (it will be my first one in Chicago).

A bunch of overpriced events...typical New Years. But :manny: its a good reason to get dressed up lol

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
314579_10100238135895951_216163280_n.jpg

312569_10100237777379421_306219778_n.jpg

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Grim milestone: Austin shooting 500th homicide in Chicago - chicagotribune.com

Gave Bates smiled through tears as she swiped her hand across her phone, flipping through pictures of her cousin playing around and striking goofy poses.

"He was a lot of fun, very good at imitating people," Bates said of Nathaniel T. Jackson, 40. "He just had so much fun all the time. And we all grew up together in the same house."

Jackson was standing outside a store in the Austin neighborhood around 9 p.m. Thursday when someone walked up and shot him in the head, police said. His death was the 500th homicide in Chicago this year, marking a grim milestone. The city last reached that toll in 2008.

Jackson grew up on the West Side, a few miles away from where he was gunned down, and had been released from prison this past summer after serving a sentence for robbery. He had been shot several years ago, after an earlier stint in jail, and Bates said she constantly warned him to be careful on the street.

"The last time he was out, someone had shot him several times, in the back," Bates said as she stood outside Stroger Hospital, where Jackson was pronounced dead. "He was a fighter, he was a survivor."

Police had no motive on the shooting outside Noah Foods at Augusta Boulevard and Lavergne Avenue. No one was in custody.

Police tapped on apartment windows and knocked on doors looking for witnesses. A few bullet casings, which police believed were from a .45-caliber handgun, were found near the blood-stained sidewalk in front of the store.

Jackson's family sat for three hours in a waiting room at Stroger Hospital when staff members finally walked in and told them Jackson had died. Relatives stood up and exchanged tight embraces.